Chapter 28: Prelude to a Confrontation

Location: West Arcade - Theatre

Time: 4:49am - Earlier

"Well, is it ready?" William questions Vanny in the darkness of the Theatre.

"It's all set up but...I don't know if it's fully functional".

A low light on the stage outlines the partially humanoid shape of the transfer device.

"Stop worrying Vanny. We've been preparing for this months. It's going to work, I have faith in it." William boasts, "Now get into position. I'll lure the boy here".

His servant in the rabbit costume nods, activating the illusion disc she placed on the transfer device to conceal its presence before activating the one on herself for the same purpose.

Then, before William left to find the boy, he murmured a vindictive statement to Vanny.

"You know, I hope my Vessel will be very afraid during the transfer as that brat is going to pay for all the trouble he's caused me tonight..."

--

Location: Utility Tunnels - Shortcut to West Arcade

Time: 4:53am

Chica follows behind Freddy as he leads them forward with Gregory curled up safe and sound within his stomach cavity. Meanwhile, Henry and Mike briefed the boy and Freddy with regards to what Charlie had told the both of them earlier on the way as well and they responded with horror and surprise to the latest information.

"So William and Vanny have been using my friends to kidnap and possibly kill children in the Pizzaplex?! And everyone, including me, has been oblivious to his actions for the past months?!" Freddy shouts, righteously enraged.

"And furthermore," Gregory adds, "the souls of the Missing Children may or may not be trapped within some kind of weird...creature that Afton now controls as well?"

"Pretty much." Mike confirms.

"We can think about how to handle these things one at a time later." Henry proposes, "For now, just rest until we reach the West Arcade Gregory".

--

Gregory was left to be lost in William Afton's memories again. He sees grey London skies, a garden full of lavenders and servants in a mansion catering to his every beck and call. He hates it. He needed a distraction.

"Henry, when should I tell a lie?" Gregory asks randomly while in Freddy as he transports them to where they need to be.

"That depends..." Henry begins, "Little white lies are ok such as 'I was late due to traffic'. However, lies that will have severe consequences are not ok. One example is...what you did with Roxy earlier. Sometimes we tell lies to make ourselves feel better as well and that's ok too because it's meant to inspire a sense of confidence in you, even if it's false".

"Yeah, like how you keep calling yourself 'Gregory' despite the fact that you're William Afton." Mike jeered.

"Screw you." Gregory swears, his right fist hitting the metal sides of Freddy. He feels a brief pain at his knuckles and, immediately noticing what he had done, he apologises.

"Oh erm...sorry about that Freddy".

"Gregory. I thought we talked about not swearing! You shouldn't say those things at your age." Freddy scolds him, seemingly more enraged at the the boy swearing rather than the fact that he accidentally hit him from the inside.

"What age exactly? Toddlerhood?" Mike snarked.

"Shut up Mike".

"Aww the 2 week old baby is cranky."