InTheLittleLalna: Jetpack

Requested By my friend SilverUmbreon101 (on DeviantART) :3

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"What exactly are you making again Lalna?"

Came the nature spirits voice, full of curiosity and concern for the strange machine the blond scientist was building. The only response his question got was a small grin which made the other let out an annoyed sigh and pout.

Martyn was never really a huge fan of science or machines, mostly into magic and nature, however when he saw the 'mad' scientist try to invent something he was just really intrigued. So, at the moment,he was currently trying to get Lalna to say something about what he was inventing and handing him tools every now and then.

"Lalnaaaaa" he whined, "Tell me what you're makiiing!" he finished and ended off with a pout and a frown.

But, once again, the older man only grinned and replied with "You'll see~!" in a sing-song like voice.

After a while, the younger male got bored and decided to explore the scientists messy laboratory. Uncompleted machines littered the desk area, which also held many tools. There were many machines lined up along the wall, making strange noises, which didn't sound healthy, but Martyn shrugged it off.

"You should really clean this place Lalna" he murmured quietly as he picked up a dirty lab coat, scrunching up his nose at the smell.

"Well, that's job my dear" he grinned "Besides, I've needed a maid anyway~" he purred.

Martyn blushed and shook his head frowning, continuing his trek through the piles of scrap metal.

"FINISHED!" Lalna shouted loudly, his voice booming around the castle.

Martyn flinched, but momentarily smiled in glee, "Are you gonna tell me what it is now?!" he asked, however when he tried to turn around Lalna pulled his bandana down so that it covered his eyes.

"Not yet~! Just wait a little bit longer!" he said, rather excitedly as he slowly led Martyn somewhere.

Martyn knew they were outside,as he could here the faint whispers of the trees as they swayed in the breeze. He enjoyed the peacefully silent while he was led to an unknown location by his lover. He was about to ask when he could look, but suddenly he felt something being strapped onto his back, which really worried the blond boy.

"Lalna, what is that on my back?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

He was about to ask again when the other didn't respond, but Lalna quickly responded with one word.

"Jump"

Having no other choice or a debate in his head, he jumped as high as he could on the spot. When he was about to say why, a strong force suddenly pushed him and he soon went lying into the air.

He let out a terrified squeak, quickly letting his left hand remove his bandana and his right hand grabbing the older blond's lab coat, who's hands were already wrapped around his waist protectively. His left hand was stopped when a voice whispered into his ear 'wait', so he hesitantly nodded as he was slowly being lifted into the air.

He gripped Lalna's shirt tighter, afraid of plummeting into the ground and he got a small chuckle in return. After a few more minutes, Martyn started to feel nauseous at the height he was at. Obviously he didn't know but it felt like he was in space!

"You can take the bandana off now" finally came the angelic voice of the scientist, to which the spirit sighed shakily.

As he slowly pushed the black fabric up, his eyes widened and mouth dropped in awe as he stared at the most beautiful scene he had ever witnessed. 

A beautiful ball of orange and yellow flame hung low in the sky, peeking over the line of the forest as it's rays shone on everything in sight, creating a beautiful array of colors. The sky was also painted a bright and calming orange, slowly mixing in with the dark blue that slowly covered the beautiful sight.

Martyn was too hypnotized by the sky he didn't notice how high they actually were. Lalna's arms were still tightly wrapped around Martyn's waist and his head was resting on his shoulder staring at the scene as well.

"Do you like it?" the scientist asked, placing a small kiss on Martyn's cheek

"It's beautiful"

—————————————————————————————————————————

They both stayed like that until the stars slowly dotted themselves in the black sky, alongside the great moon. Eventually they both flew back to the castle, removing their jetpacks and curling up in bed, snuggling close to each other. Before they both fell asleep, the nature spirit ruined the beautiful day by saying

"You know it would've been easier to make a flying ring, right?"