Honeyphos- Homesick

Another one requested by my friend on dA, tottaldeadloxfangirl :D

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Honeydew was getting worried for his lover. Every night he would always come to bed at 1am and it wasn't helping his sleep schedule. He already worked all day and him working an extra 4 hours was just insane and stupid for his health which was a word you would never use to describe the great Yogscast leader.

The dwarf always asked the spaceman lover about what he was doing, but he always tried to change the subject in a hurry, trying to ignore the question completely. However the ginger bearded dwarf was having none of that!

He eventually had the strength to stay up for a little while longer, as he usually got very grumpy if he didn't get his 'beauty' sleep. He never really got paranoid, but if it had something to do with his spaceman's health, he was always acting like a fussy and overprotective mother. Quite weird for him.

It was about 11:40 by the time he found the blue eyed man. He was standing at the edge of a cliff, staring at the millions of tiny stars that dotted the midnight sky. His eyes were glowing a much more brighter then usual, which only meant two things:

He was really happy or he was really sad.

And to be fair, he didn't look ecstatic at all, so Honeydew knew something was up. He slowly tip toed over to his lover, quickly grabbing the larger hand, his actions earning him a shocked squeak. The spaceman looked down at Honeydew, his ocean eyes lighting up the wet tracks that were lining his cheeks.

The dwarf gasped and quickly pulled the taller man downwards to give him a gentle hug, to which the other returned while letting out small chocked sobs. Honeydew couldn't believe his man was hiding something from him! But he couldn't be angry at him, not while he was in a state like this. He was shaking like a wet dog and whimpering quietly.

Eventually, Honeydew was sitting down with Xephos, hugging him gently and slowly petting his head. The sobs had become quieter and the shaking had stopped. He finally decided to ask what was up with his lover.

"Hey Xeph, whats wrong? You've been hiding something from me and i don't like that." he whispered to the broken man that lay on him, but all he got in response was a shaky whimper.

"Please tell me, love. I don't like seeing you broken or sad and i don' want you to keep it locked up inside." he sighed, giving a quick kiss to Xephos's forehead, "So,please tell me" he finished.

After a moment of silence, Xephos let out a shaky sigh and a deep breath and spoke.

"I-i'm... h-homesick..." he mumbled quietly, a small blue blush lighting up his red face.

The only response he could give was a large hug and a reassuring kiss on the head.

"I get homesick all the time, always thinking about why i left the mines of my old home"

"B-but i thought you hated it in the mines?" the spaceman asked, slightly confused.

"I did! But dwarf instincts tell me to return, however if i did i wouldn't be able to see you again. That's what i think about if i feel homesick, my loved ones!" he grinned his toothy grin.

This made the other smile and stare back up at the sky, he sighed "I guess your right, friend..." he whispered.

"Hey, don't worry about your home planet! One day we'll be soaring through space and gazing at the stars from our rocket ship" he said, a smirk spread across his face.

Xephos laughed. Honeydew was right, if that terrible incident never happened, he wouldn't have been able to meet the Yogscast family.

"Yeah, i guess bad things do lead to good things"