Chapter 14

"How is it?" Selene asked with a gorgeous smile on her lips

"How is it?" Selene asked with a gorgeous smile on her lips. Swallowing the spaghetti she had made, I licked my lips. She was sitting beside me on the stool in the Kitchen Island.

Selene looked nervous when I didn't respond for some time. I was certain she didn't understand why I often took some time to respond to her. It was because of her. Because of what I felt for her. Those emotions were so overwhelming that I had to take a moment to tell myself to not get too lost in her or to hold me back before I spoke the words I shouldn't speak to her.

The feelings exacerbated even more so after we returned home that day.

A week and a half was how long it had been since then but it felt as though years had passed. At the same time, it felt like there wasn't enough time that would fulfill my longing part in me. There just wasn't when she felt so close to my heart. Someone I wanted to be with every second of my day and night.

She snapped her fingers in front of me. The bracelet I had given her was still around her wrist. All this time, she never took it off. She wore it every day.

"I might have to start calling you a chef instead of Princess, Selene," I replied, meaning the words with a small smirk—the kind that always provoked a reaction from her; a reaction where she blushed and looked at me with so much...yearning that told me she wanted me. Surely not as much as I wanted her but she did. She loved being around me the way I did around her.

Selene and I were in my apartment because she had insisted on making dinner after learning Stella wouldn't come tonight. "But something else tastes better," I said, feeling her. The air felt like here--everything inside this apartment was a reminder of her. She had lived here so deeply. Selene had left her marks everywhere unknowingly since Selene and I mostly spent time here than in her and Jasmine's apartment.

"What?" she questioned innocently. She knew very well what after all of our kisses that were demanding. Fulfilling. Longing. Loving. Sweet.

I wiped the spices off my lips. As good as the spaghetti was, it was spicy. Too spicy for me. And after being with her till today, I had learned she wasn't the one to eat spicy either. We usually ate dinner together. Sometimes in their apartment, the other time in ours. I had also learned she loved cooking.

Selene saw my intention as I moved my face towards her. She spoke, "Xander, eat the-"

I stopped her, placing my lips against her sweet ones. Mine. I felt my head spin from the intoxication I felt when our kiss started.

Thud. Selene. Thud. Selene.

Her allure was too strong. It pulled me to her so fucking hard that I felt weak as though my heart would burst out of my chest on her foot.

I smiled against the kiss as she fisted my hair and kissed me passionately. Demanding from me deeper. I allowed her to be in control of this kiss. The other times, I overpowered her. I loved overpowering her because I wanted her to know what I felt for her was more than just attraction.