Chapter 35

"Isn't our home in the right place?" Hudson murmured, my heart was still hammering like crazy

"Isn't our home in the right place?" Hudson murmured, my heart was still hammering like crazy. The sound of it reminded me of the wings of a caged bird even if I was on a property where land went on and on for acres and acres.

How could I have not known where we were? I looked back at the house—it was the one where Hudson and his father used to live—mostly Ian now lives in the manor itself since it's a long walk from here to the manor and he was old now. This was located at the back of the manor on the northern side. I didn't even remember the last time I had come here. I rarely came here because I rode Luna in the forest behind the eastern side of the manor.

"Come let's have breakfast. I was waiting for you to wake up so we can have it together." Hudson's gentle hold pushed me forward as we walked down the four stairs and on the grass. 

I yelped, feeling a painful squeeze on my waist, filled with warning. "Don't touch me!" I said but he ignored me, rubbing my muscle gently. My jaw hardened. He was giving me pain and applying the ointment himself. Insane.

A table was set on one side of the land in front of the house. There were two chairs only.

Hudson pulled out my chair. I was calculating my chances of just running and getting inside the manor and inside the secret room inside my room where I knew I had my first phone and a few other things placed. But my chances were very low. It would take me long to run there and Hudson was stronger and faster than me, I thought. Why was the land so big? Thousands of acres... 

I could see the manor. It was big but so far that even it looked smaller comparatively right now.

"Don't make me command every word, Selene," Hudson spoke, annoyed as he applied force on my shoulder, asking me to sit down.

"Does Ian know I'm here?" I probed, turning over the plate, my focus entirely on Hudson and his on me. Hudson was across me. The table was small so he was still close.

"I'm not sure," Hudson replied, throwing me to another uncertainty. Don't tell me Ian knew about Hudson's intention all along and never warned me or my parents. Ian worked for my dad even before I was born, could he betray my dad? 

I put pieces of everything that was on the table even if the bile was just roaming around my throat. I just needed to do something to escape his gaze. 

"Since when have you been stalking me?" I questioned after finishing serving myself. The food... I didn't want it. He must have added something to it. Else why was he so adamant about me having a meal if he wanted to hurt me?

Hudson didn't speak for a few seconds, just looking at me. The way he looked at me... there was so much maddening obsession in the look.

He suggested to me softly, "Let's talk while eating." Again, what was his deal with me and food? Why was he even showing so much care after everything? "Rose." His voice was even tenderer but this was with darkness.