Chapter 28

Thud

Thud.

Xander.

With every thump of my heart, his name was being whispered while I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked beautiful. For him.

For you, Xander.

It was Adelynn's engagement tonight and I had just finished getting ready in my closet. With everything going on I didn't want to go. But it had been long and the man hadn't done anything. It was peculiar.

I stopped my thoughts. Tonight, I didn't want to think about anything. Tonight I didn't want nightmares. I wanted to be with him.

I shut my eyes and smiled.

I love you, Selene.

I had nothing with me anymore. All of me belonged to him.

Part of the reason why Xander had completely consumed my thoughts was because of the impatience he had been showing for me. He had been calling me nonstop since he hadn't seen me for three days. He had left the country and had returned only hours ago.

I took one of my black heels and slipped them on, tying the strap around my ankle, and grabbed my purse. I wouldn't need it, probably, but I couldn't leave without my phone.

Gazing at myself in the mirror I checked if I had missed anything. The silver silk satin long dress with a slit at the side of my right leg covered my body flawlessly. The neckline of this dress--I liked it. It felt open. Confidence was in my face.

 Confidence was in my face

(AN: In silver. And lovelies, gentle with the comments alright?)

I had worn my jewelry too except on my left wrist where I only had Xander's bracelet and a watch.

My hair and make-up were done. I did it myself and I was proud of how it looked. 

I was missing only one thing now. My heart. That was stolen by my Prince.