Chapter 24

AN: I had made a small mistake in this chapter

AN: I had made a small mistake in this chapter. I edited it and republished it. Sorry for the confusion.

Going inside my room, I saw Selene sleeping. The dinner was long with all the talks with Jasmine, Alex, and Stella. Their theories of who it could be. Selene didn't speak much after talking with Lucas for half an hour.

After dinner, I asked Selene to rest since she hadn't been sleeping properly in the hospital. She fell in and out of sleep those nights. Only now, I got off the call with Christian. Surprisingly, he hadn't talked about suppressing this topic. He wanted to find that person. In the hospital, he had asked me if I had done something or associated with anyone from my fighting ring again. My answer was no. I hadn't stepped or talked with anyone from that city even once after I left it.

What I found strange was he wanted to find this person. Why would he? He hated me the same way I hated him. There was something Christian wasn't telling. 

If the cops wouldn't find him. I would. And when I do... I would make him suffer.

I wondered if this person was Lily's ex-boyfriend. Since Selene was the reason he was caught, there was a possibility it could be. There was no theory. No suspect in anyone's mind. Lucas hadn't talked to me. He was busy. He had his people inspecting while Christian had his own in the same department. Despite all of this if the person wasn't caught then...

And now, I had another doubt. The person Selene thought she had seen that day... Everything was connecting but not connecting at the same time.

Some computer genius.

If he could hack the parking lot's cameras, he could've hacked the hallway of Selene's apartment too.

"Hey, baby," I mumbled and kissed her cheek. She hadn't taken her medicine. Now, Selene didn't take medicine every day but there was one she needed to take once a week and just her glucose pills every time her blood sugar got low. I wondered why it was a must for her to take them every day last time and not now.

Climbing on the bed, I placed my hand on her cheek. So adorable. But she looked spent at the same time. This was the first time I saw her this tired besides when she had fainted or when I made her cum more times than she could take.

She moaned when I started to play with her hair and moved away.

Such small actions made me happy.

"Angel, wake up," I whispered, lying beside her and turning her around to face me.

"X..." she trailed off.

"Take the pill and sleep, baby."

She snuggled against my chest and continued sleeping.

I couldn't help but land a kiss on her lips.

My precious girl.

I was scared I wouldn't be able to be with her all the time. Mayim would take her home. I needed to buy a place of my own. Somewhere close to her home. I wasn't going to stay at her place. The thought was very uncomfortable. The sooner the person was found the better. Then I'd ask her to move in with me.