Chapter 20

He got outside. I got out too. Xander was already with me. His hands came around my waist. I tried to pry it off, but he only pulled me closer to him after giving me a look. I gave him a harsh look too--he wasn't bothered by it.

Xander walked, taking me with him in silence. He entered the code at the door and we got inside. 

"Xander." I was looking at him but he wasn't.

He ignored me, taking me upstairs to the second floor and the right hallway.

I heard voices. One of an adult. The other of a kid.

"No. I can go outside," the kid complained.

"You can't, Brianna." Brianna?
Xander opened the door and the sight before me was a thing I hadn't predicted at all.

A little girl, probably seven or eight, was in her bed. She was glaring at a woman in front of her with anger and irritation.

"Xander," the woman who was possibly in her mid-thirties said, almost sighing with relief when she saw us. "Please tell her she needs to rest. Only this morning, she broke her ankle and now she's being nothing but a brat."

Brianna smiled mischievously, looking at Xander. Her expression changed to curiousness when she saw my face. Only three seconds later she smiled at me brightly.

"Hi, Angel," she chimed, her voice was melodious like music. She was talking to me. She patted her bed. "Come here, I have been wanting to meet you," she said excitedly, she felt close. 

I walked up to her, totally in my thoughts. I thought Brianna was Alex's elder sister. Who was she? Was Alex lying? Were there two Brianna's?

I heard whispers that I couldn't quite make out. Xander and the woman were talking to one another. However, I had only one question right now—who was she?

The moment I sat beside her, she jumped at me and hugged me tightly. I put my hand around her small body and held her close to me—tears almost falling from the way she held me so close. 

Baby. 

Her body felt delicate.

She looked at me through her lashes, her chin rested on my chest. "I like your hair," she said. I continued looking at her with confusion.

My eyes sought Xander, knowing only he could answer my questions. The woman left and Xander walked toward us, sitting on the other side of Brianna.

"You're so beautiful. Truly like an Angel," Brianna complimented me again.

"Brianna," Xander spoke to her, "She doesn't know you yet."

Brianna pulled away from me and looked at Xander. I gazed at Xander's face. He stared back at mine, now looking different. He had sensed my calmness.

"This is my sister, Brianna Mikaelson," Xander said, "And she's Selene."

"I know who she is. You told me about her." Brianna gave a full smile to Xander and grabbed my hand, looking at the bracelet where Angel was written on the inside. I hadn't taken it off. I never did. It had become like a part of me. It felt natural. "I helped him chose this when he had taken me outside you know?"

"Thank you. It's beautiful," I said and she grinned further.

The door opened and the woman from before entered the room, carrying a tray with food. "You're going to finish your lunch, take your medicine and then sleep without giving Elsa any difficulty," Xander ordered.

"I don't want to be inside. I hate this. I was in the hospital for so long. I don't like not being outside."

"That's why I made sure you were here, didn't I?" Xander asked. "Rest and I'll take you outside this evening?" Brianna with so much difficulty agreed.