Chapter 13

New chapter. College part has been already edited briefly and I made two chapters into one for a few that's why we're in 13 okay?

 College part has been already edited briefly and I made two chapters into one for a few that's why we're in 13 okay?

"Stop it, both of you!" I exclaimed, eyeing the two creatures before me. It was getting difficult doing both: trying to look angry all the while stopping my smile as my heart reacted so much to every one of their words.

"I hate you, Jasmine," I grumbled, standing from the chair, glaring at Nate. He was getting on my nerves the way someone else had on my heart. So naive and ignorant words were in my head, but why did they make so much sense?

"You know the rule, Sel," Nate taunted, grasping my wrist, and pulling me right back on the chair. It was two days later and as it turned out Ms. McLaren had told Nate about Xander and now I had to deal with their jokes about Xander and me. It wasn't jokes mostly. It was Nate being mad that I didn't tell him anything while Jasmine dreaming of my wedding. Such kind of aliens I had ended up meeting. "Best friends tell one another everything."

"Do they?" I asked, folding my hands, resting them on the table. The blue-eyed gorgeous traitor was sitting across from Nate and me having time of her life. I had always been happy when my friends were, however, what was it that made Jasmine so rhapsodic when it was Xander and I going out? Why did she feel so happy at the thought of me finding someone? Had I being single always bothered her? Was this all her worry about me not being social and experiencing things in life?

'Princess' Jasmine mouthed and I lost it this time.

"Well, Jasmine is going out with Alex."

There. I dropped the bomb. It was harmless but it did the job.

Nate looked at her with wide eyes and disbelief.

"I'm better off with my guy's friends," Nate declared but didn't move to walk off to the table with his friends. Nate and we were close but of course, he had guy friends. He just hung out with us now and then for our old friendship.

I smiled innocently as they started to yell at each other in whispers. Yanking my wrist away from Nate's hold, I drank the remaining of my refresher before getting up and leaving without a word.

How long would they fight for?

No one knew the answer.

Did I care?

No.

Why?

Something else had consumed me.

No.

It was someone. Not something.

That, someone, was him. Xander.

The grin on my face never left me even after I got out of one of the cafeterias at university. It had been the same since him. Since I spent with him. Since I felt his lips on mine. His lips... I felt unsteady. Too unsteady.