#prologue#

I stared at the piles of work I completed today and let out a groan. My neck hurts so bad and I felt seriously tired. Why me?

Every single time I think about it, I felt like bad luck is always following me around. Last year i hot dumped by the douchebag i was dating. I lost my previous job due to my stupid temper and ego and now what. . .i just got to be admitted in to the company as the secretary of the CEO, Mr Xander James, the ruthless and cold hearted CEO that everyone knows.

I can now accept that he is ruthless indeed. I thought as I stared at the piles of work.

I stood up and straightened my skirt and my messed hair. Most of the light have been switched off and i stood alone at my tiny office looking so hungry and frustrated. I walk to the transparent wall of the company and stared into the city.

Ngggghhhh..... I sighed and I felt my stomach growled at the same time. I quickly turned and checked if anyone is still in the office with me.

Did anyone hear that?. .Oh so embarrassing

I was relieved and I suddenly felt a feeling of excitement in me. I have the whole office to my self. I walked to the coffee machine and poured my self a cup.

I rarely get to have a cup for my self.

I stood by the table and enjoyed my refreshing coffee.
My days with this people have been so tough and hard, so obvious they don't welcome people like me. Especially those tacky people always sitting at their desk everyday. They are so boring and annoying.

Do you even see the eyes they use to look at me? I want to pluck them out and stick it into their mouth! Assholes.

Even in my former work place, girls don't like me and men wanna take advantage of me.....not good at all so am used to being an outcast

I gulp down my coffee with fury and bang the cup on the table. I have had enough of this forsaken people. I hate u all!!!.
I hate the CEO!

my eyes fell on the CEO office lying on the right side, I grinned and walk toward it.

I quietly open the door and stepped inside. The desk lamp was the only light in the room so everything is dim. Nobody was there. Maybe he left early today...but that seems unusual for Mr Xander James. I walked to his desk smiling.
I have never had the opportunity to take a look at his magnificent office properly. Even his gorgeous face. I blushed silently and start to fear

What if he just burst into the office and point his finger to my face, calling me stupid rude bitch for prying into his privacy....that will absolutely not be funny! I suppress my laughter and leaned on his desk. I picked up the frame on his desk.

He is even handsome during his childhood days..wow! How come he doesn't have any girlfriend presently? Or is he gay? Or he is having a secret affair somewhere? Or...oh Mia stop thinking nonsense dear!.

I placed the frame back quietly and made for the door...then I hear a door closed inside the office. I turned around swiftly looking for the door
It came from his private suite... A thief inside the CEO suite!!.... I blinked furiously and I scanned the table for something tangible. I grab his pen and headed for the door creeping slowly

Mia Maxwell, how can you be stupid? Planning to catch a thief with a pen?.

My courage start to diminish and replaced with fear. I leaned into the door and listen.
................ I was about to straighten up when the door opened and I was dragged by the arm into the room.

I shut my eyes and screamed on top of my lungs with fear when I felt my back touch the wall and his lips sealed mine. I instinctively calmed down and slowly opened my eyes. I find it hard to believe the pair of eyes staring back at me deeply.

The CEO!!!!....am dead for sure!

I pushed him back instinctively and started ranting everything that came to my brain
" Am very sorry Mr James. I didn't mean to spy on you. I....I just...I just want to..... Pls Don't get the wrong idea" I couldn't find an appropriate word to say. I lowered my gaze to the floor. I was extremely nervous as we are only two inches apart and he has almost filled up the space. He was putting on a big but rather sexy robe that I couldn't take my eyes off. I licked my lips.

"You want to.......?" He bought me out my daze
"I....I just want to take a look at the office. I didn't realize you are still around" I replied guilty. He stared at me and smirked. I realized his gaze shifted to my chest and he smirked again

What an asshole!

"Why are you waiting for everyone to leave before you take a look? Or are you planning to do something?"
" No! I wasn't planning anything"I replied immediately. He eyed me and took a step forward. I quickly crossed my chest with my arm in defence
He notice this and let out a laugh which disgust me.
"Also don't get the wrong idea. I did that to shut you up"
I realized he is referring to the kiss. I felt my face turning red already. He walked to his wardrobe at the far end while I stood like an idiot by the door staring at him.
He turned and frowned his face
"Are you not leaving or you are going to watch me dressing up too?" He said in his usual cold tone.
" Oh....I...sorry. I will leave now". I could hear him let out a laugh and I felt his eyes on me.I snap out quickly and rushed out of the room for some fresh air.

Woah!! That was epic....I clearly forgot to breathe...I almost forgot my self staring at those sexy eyes and broad chest and those blond wet hair....I feel like caressing them...

I touch my lips and remember his lips on mine. So sexy. I packed my bag before he is out of the office. I can't bear to face him after that.
I rushed downstairs and in some minutes, I was out of the company and on my way home.

*******

#hello guys!! Hope you enjoy the story..sorry that the prologue is short. I will try my best to make other chapters longer.. don't forget to vote and like it. Love 💕💕 y'all
More chapters coming from your beloved writer

__ harsleyacexxx2000

Note: do not 🚫 try plagiarizing my work, it based on my imagination and I will try doing better for you guys