#chapter 21#

_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_

Welcome October, the month of hope and happiness.

____ lover of the dawn.

_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_

Song: solo by black pink.

.

Time to get ready for school. Am so happy and i don't know why. Maybe bcos am d only one excited about school. Well am giving you this update as a gift. Thanks for the feedback and the votes. It make me feel alive.
You should try out my new novel, VENGEANCE, it's hot and loaded. It's a vampire love story and am sure you will find it your liking. Thanks and happy reading.

*Wink*

-------------------------

I closed the door behind me and walked to the elevator. Even without saying, i felt the heated gaze differently this time. Those eyes stared at me like i am one babe on a different level. It make me uncomfortable to be sincere. I pressed the button and the elevator opened. I entered with loud sigh and pressed the first button. I watch it go down with a heavy and nervous heart. The moment the elevator opened and i stepped into the lobby, the nervousness swam in and i gulped hard with the stares i was getting. I suddenly started regretting why i actually dressed so much. I didn't like this type of attention in the first place.

I quickened my pace and hurried out of the lobby to get away from the stares. I released the air i was keeping in since as soon as I stepped out but the exhale didn't last long before my breathing stopped again, the moment Xander's eyes met mine.

He was staring at his feet by the side of the car when i came out and he lifted his eyes as soon as he sensed my presence. He froze with that intoxicating stare that made me gulped. He watch me very carefully with that look. He stare at me like he was memorizing every inches of me that he could see. I noticed the hand that was fixed in his pocket came out in form of a clenched fist. That made my breathing quickened rapidly.

Maybe he doesn't like the appearance at all? Or was i too forward with the dressing? But. . But . It doesn't mean anything. .

He noticed that the look on my face have changed to a worried one and i saw his expression softened before he took few steps forward. He stopped midway and I think he changed whatever he wanted to do and just retreated his steps before he move to open the door for me tenderly.
I stare at him and the opened door. I thought his look resembled that of annoyance so why did he look. . . at me like that?

I swallowed hard and just stood there suddenly not knowing what to do. i was so shy and I couldn't even read his face. Does he like it or not? Does it look good on me or not? Is he annoyed or not? Why is he suddenly being considerate?

He gestured with his head again for me to enter and i slowly walked toward the door with a shallow breathe, i was so nervous as hell. I felt like the air inside that car would be so heavy with just the two of us inside. I was few steps close to the door when a very familiar voice sounded at my left, making both of us turn to the sound.

"Mia?"

I was shocked to the bone when i turned and saw billy standing few feet away from us, and in his hand was bag filled with flowers and the other bag, i have no idea what's inside. I stood frozen to the ground staring at his shocked expression. He blinked few times to confirm whether i am the one or not.
I was suddenly confused and short of words. Why is he here? And why at this particular time?

What do i even want to say? . .' It's not what it looks like, billy. Pls calm down!'. That looks even stupid to me. I looked between him and Xander, who look unaffected by his presence and just stare at him like he is wasting our time. I felt guilty to the bone and at the same time, torn.

"B- billy. Hey " I stutter and push my hair behind my ear. He looked between me and Xander, unable to form words. With the way he dressed, it showed that he was heading to my place already.

" Mia- mia who. . Is this man? " He pointed to Xander and stepped more closer to my side. I clutch my bag more tightly and rack my brain to choose the right word. ". . And why are you dressed like this?" His eyed my dress like i was dressed in a rag. It make me felt so ashamed and at the same time angry.

"H. . He is my boss at work." I cleared my throat and one side of me was so disappointed when i remembered what we did back in my apartment. " He came here to- "

Xander didn't let me finish before scattering the matter. " I am her man. Who might you be?"
He faced him with a surest expression that made me gulped. When did we agree to that?! M- my man? What a nonsense!
Billy didn't face him and just stare at me, waiting for me to deny what he said. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I was so devastated. I want everything to reverse and disappear like it never happened.

"Mia. What nonsense is he spouting?" He gave a sarcastic laughter " your man? Can someone please tell me what's going on here?" He rubbed the back of his neck angrily. I desperately want to say something but it's as if my mouth was glued by both of their stares.

" Are you not going to say something? Is he saying the truth? Dammit! Answer me mia!" He bursted out, clenching at the bags he was holding. My knees suddenly feel weak and i kept clenching and unclenching my toes inside the heels. I don't even know i could do.

Xander licked his lips and let out a laugh. He leaned comfortably against the car.

" Come here."

He said with a very possessive tone that i am hearing for the first time. My eyes sink into his and i felt my heart pumping fast in my chest. Billy let out a snort angrily.

" what the hell do you think you are doing, mister?! Mia, is he forcing himself on you?" He turned to me with a concerned eyes. " Come over here, mia." He gestured with his hand. " Let's put all those shit behind us now, mia. I know you will be more than happy when i tell you about the premier."

He said with a smile but it's as if his voice is not even entering my head. All i could hear is Xander's voice repeating in my head. I looked at him again and his eyes was glued to me, awaiting my response. I inhaled deeply.

" Mia. Come. Here. Now."

He specifically Picked the words carefully with a deep tone and his hands are still firm on the opened door. I knew that i had to follow my heart and what it says. My heart want me to go to him. I gave it up finally and threw billy a deep sorry glance. He had a confused and shocked expression on his face. His look dared me to go. He want to see for himself who i will choose. But still, should i still deny my heart? My heart and even my soul want him. They want to be with him. It was hard for me to push the hot memory of this morning away. I felt like it's what both of us need most and wanted most. He glared dagger at Xander and me. Billy fixed a warning glare at me while Xander fixed a proud bossy look at me

I sighed heavily and took heavy steps toward Xander. He has this contented gaze as i approach him. His hand immediately went to my waist the moment i reach his side, billy staring with disbelief. He placed a hot claiming kiss on my neck, sending shivers to my body.

" Wait in the car."

He said in a low whisper and gently helped me into the passenger seat, then he closed the door. I let out the breath i was holding so hard that my chest ache the moment i took in air. I placed a hand on my chest and felt the rising of my chest. I was so damn torn and afraid. The window isn't really visible so i couldn't even see their discussion or their glares. I was just seated there with a heavy but contented heart.

I never knew that my break up with billy will be so dramatic. . And even that quick.