#chapter 18#

_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----

No matter how small you start, always dream big.

                 ____ lover of the dawn.

_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_

.

Song: say my name by bebe rhexa.

thank you so much for the love and support. Am glad that you guys are following this story. You can check out my other story too, yours faithfully, it's fun and hot. Happy reading. *Wink*

.

------------------------

.

WHAT. . THE. . FUCK. .

I stare at her with a kind of death glare. She raised her head and froze to the bone when she sighted me standing at the doorway. From her look, she is more terrified when she saw the flower vase in my hand and the kind of expression that i had. She slowly dropped the knife she's holding and leaned back from the counter. I took in a lot of still air and clenched my fists hard.

"M- mia, pls, wait, we-"  she stutter while keeping her hands to the front to calm me down  but my anger has passed it limit.

I raised the vase above my head, not caring what's going to happen next. " I am going to kill you!"

" Mia- seriously- c'mon, we can sort this out." She back away to the edge of the counter.

" That's bullshit! I will strangle you, Carla maxwell!!"

I didn't know when the vase flew away from my hand, toward her. Luckily she duck it at the right time and it smashed just above her head. She screamed and bent down behind the counter.

"Mia! Seriously! Are you really planning to kill me?" She bursted out." I know you are angry about the money but do you have go to that extent?!"

" Huh? "  I dropped my bag and use my leg to kick the door shut loudly. "YOU ARE SO MUCH DEAD, CARLA MAXWELL!"

I screamed and lunged forward at her.

.....

From the shattered vase, to the scattered vegetables, and the scattered utensils. . . We sat down on the floor tending to our wounds. Carla wiped her bloody nose while i breathe heavily into the air. My anger is finally going down since i have satisfied myself with the beating.

I gaze at her at my side, sniffing and removing her messy hair from her face. I couldn't help but laugh.

" Did i hit you that hard?" She just laughed

"You should tender to that nasty temper of yours. You could have killed me, you shrew." She blurt out.

" Why are you even here? Do you realize what i went through after you ran away with the money? Am not done with you yet."

" I know. I deserved it."

I stood up and slowly started packing the mess we made on the floor. She too stand up with a gloomy eyes.

"Seriously. . I was really short of money and . . I had the chance of performing as a guest outside the country but i couldn't tell you! Because. . I know. . You won't let me. I am really sorry, mia"

I was too tired to even care about what the hell happened to her but her unnecessary explanation soar my anger again. I dropped the stuffs in my hand with a thud and turn furiously at her.

"Why would you do that when you knew it wasn't my money?! The only thing your stupid brain think of is yourself and that stupid Thing you called a job! Can't you for once act like you care for others? Do you realize what i went through because of your reckless!. . . And you are here telling me that you are sorry! Why did you even come back?"

I paced around the room furiously avoiding to look at her. I was too angry and furious. She kept her eyes on the floor and didn't say anything. I stared at the veggies and dishes she was preparing and i hissed with disgust.

Who cares about your stupid food and explanation?

"I will allow you to stay the night because it's late already but i will not remind you tomorrow morning to get the hell out of my house." I spat at her even though the words hurt me too.

She is my only family for Christ sake but she is always making my life hard in one way or the other. I hurried out of the room after packing the rest of the garbage. I went to my room and shut the door.

I went to the speaker without thinking and increase the volume to clear the air. Everything just pissed me off suddenly. I was suddenly not hungry and i felt the urge to drink my anger away.

Can't i just have one day of peace to myself? I sighed and slump into bed. I removed my clothing one by one and move to the headboard, drawing the cover over my body. I heard low shuffling and noises outside my door.

I rolled my eyes when i saw her faint shadow beneath the door. I hope she is not thinking of sleeping in my room, is she?

That brat. She will hurt someone's feeling and still pretend as if she is sorry, sorry my foot!

I grumbled to myself when I heard her low voice mumbling something inaudible.

"Can we talk, Evelyn? Pleasssssse?" I scoffed silently. She always use my middle name when she desperately want something. That brat!

"I know that you are not yet asleep, Evelyn."

I was planning to ignore her and go to sleep but after seeing her stand there for long time. I gave up and sat up.

"Come in." I said coldly and kept a cold expression when she opened the door. She gave me an apologetic smile and came in with a tray filled with mouth watering dishes.

That was the only part of her that i cherish much. Carla is such a . . Good and beautiful cook unlike me that i could barely fix myself a nice breakfast. She grin when she saw my face lit up at the aroma. She advanced and place it on my lap before hopping into bed with me.

I turned to her with a change of expression.

" Don't you dare think you can clear the air with this. . . This. . . " I licked my lips smoothly ". . This snacks. Well . . Thank you."

I said with a shrug and took the first bite. I moaned inward at the warm feeling i was getting from it. She watch my face carefully and i coughed awkwardly.

"I will forgive you this once. ." She grin widely ". . But you are not staying here."

I said since i already knew what she want to ask from me but that's not gonna happen. Who knows what she will do next? Sell the apartment secretly?

She whine loudly " MIA! Pleassse! I swear i won't do anything to inconvenience your life! Pls, i am seriously broke and i don't have anywhere to go."

"Wait!. . What did you even do with the money?" I turned to her and she fidgeted with her fingertips.

" It's a long story." She licked her lips.

"I. . Huh. . After i got there, i wasn't allow to perform since there is no recommendation under my name so. . I paid this guy. . Huh. . His name is Ronaldo. . I paid him to put me on the list but that son of a bitch ran away with the money."

She wiped the invisible tears that wasn't there and she sniffed empty. I watch her ridiculousness and i want to laugh at her.

" I bought few things with the money and i party a little. . But i didn't last long because. . I didn't have a place to stay so i used the remaining money to return and your place is the only place that came to my mind. . To be honest , i didn't expect you to still be living here."

I want punch her puffy face but it's of no use. I laughed to myself. " Serve you right."

I just hope that she is not here to make my life a living hell.

.

.

Down on her knees: chapter 18

.

--------------------------

Let's get the votes rolling. Thank you so much for supporting this babe. Am harsley ace by the way. Thank you so much, my lovely readers.