#chapter 9#

_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_

Believe in the compelling power of love.

         ____ lover of the dawn.

_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_-----_

Happy reading my readers!.
*Wink*

.

.

.
----------------------

.

I rolled out of bed and dashed to the bathroom as soon as I can. My head kept Wondering what Olivia meant by that. I have a bad feeling that this will be something hectic. Everything was fine yesterday so what could have happened?

I dressed up and headed downstairs after fixing something as breakfast. I managed to reach the company early but the mood i met was not welcoming at all.

I met all of them with gloomy eyes and they all stared at me as i approach them. Logan sat in his seat at the edge of the room with a scary expression. Some sat down and just stare dagger at their computer.

What could have happened?  I gulped and went straight to Olivia

" What happened? Why is everyone looking like that?"

She turned a sad yet funny face at me before whispering.

" The new advert that we completely two days ago was uploaded this morning by the League. It's exactly as we planned our project and those BASTARD took it! "

I gasped and quickly turn on the computer on my desk. I was thrown into a uttermost surprised when I saw the exact same way we programmed our next launch. The only thing to differentiate it is by the design they used.

I slammed my hand furiously on the table and other people jumped, startled. I clenched my fist and anger soared inside of me.

I couldn't believe it. No! I refuse to believe that those bastards stole my work.

That was my first work as a senior marketer. All my life in that company, i have always wish to be able to build my own work and for it to be a successful one. How dare they steal our work?

We haven't even launch it yet for people to see! How are we going to sort this problem out now? God! Why is bad luck always following me around?

I slumped down to my seat and fought the urge of letting the tears fall. I clenched my fist tight wishing i could kill all of them. But it's useless. There is nothing that someone like me can do it than curse them. How do they even know?

A phone rang somewhere in the room jolting us into fear. We are already in one kind of trouble. It happened to be Logan's desk and i know it's probably will not end well.

I gulped and waited. Like as if i already known what is coming, the moment he answered the phone, A thunderous yelling came from the other line and he quickly removed the phone from his ear.

He kept apologizing to what the other person was saying and i felt really bad that all what we worked for and ditch the night for was stolen suddenly.

He manage to end the call with several sorries amd he hung his head low with hot fury. When he raised his head and met my eyes, they already calm down and he slowly walked to where we all gathered.

" The board requested an emergency meeting now. We will have to prepare for what comes afterwards. But just know that any of these isn't your fault, okay?"

He said the last part more like to me. It hurt my heart so much but it already happened.
He left us and headed out of the room. The room fell into silence quickly.

I cleared my throat and started to pack my books. Others were surprised and they just stare at me with awe.

" Are you kidding? Are you really going for that meeting, mia?"
Kate, one of my team mates said, looking scared. I just let out a sad smile.

" What? Will i now turn it down or run away?"

She sighed hurtfully." I wouldn't even have the mind to face them if it was me. I will be so terrified to go. How are you going to face them now?"

" I will accept it anyhow it comes. There is nothing we can do about it"

I smiled and nodded to the rest of them before heading out of the room. Olivia followed me and kept on ranting and cursing on whoever did that.

Who can i even blame? I clutched my book tightly and walked in a normal pace. I will be lying if i said i was not terrified of the outcome.

It's a must that when something like this occur, someone is most likely to take the fall for it. And that person is me.

I was the one in charge of it and I have failed to do a better job. I sighed heavily.

When we arrived at the entrance, the lady i met there standing gasped when she saw me and she used her thumb to did a slicing mark on her neck as if to say- " you are a dead meat!"

I almost choked on my saliva and i kept breathing heavily to look normal and remorseful. Olivia watched as i entered but she stood at the back of the door to fill in others of the gist.

All eyes were fixed on me when I entered and oh Lord of mercy. . . Those eyes were shooting dagger at me.

I gulped and went round the table to sit beside Logan who was sitting on the other side alone and facing them. I couldn't even dare to look at them as they all started talking and ranting about how the hell the project leaked.

Logan did most of the talking and i collect most of the scolding.

" We can't let this slide away. Never. She must resign immediately and tender her work pass. And also get someone to replace her position and restore the project!"

I gasped silently in disbelief and fear. I already know what will come most likely will be worse like this.

Another idiot spoke." Of course, she must face the consequences. We wouldn't have lost too much to them if not for this incompetent brat. See! She didn't even feel remorseful!"

He barked at me.

I steady my breathing but it wasn't helpful. I was on the brink of tears. I fought it hard and collected every word they said. Those bunch of bastards!

Do they even know the effort we put into producing that unique idea? Do they know what we went through? How dare they judge our competence?

I will just resign and start a new life somewhere nice if that is what they want. That was what i concluded to but i know that my stupid self can't do it. I was just thinking nonsense.

All my life is built here! If i get chased then am done for real time! How will I barely manage to take care of myself? Is the end of my life?

God, am done for!

I cried inwardly hoping someone will just come to my rescue. I gave up after sighing painfully.

I guess this is the end of it. Nothing can stop it from happening.

I was about to take off the work pass on my neck when the voice that thrilled me spoke somewhere inside the room.

" Nobody is resigning."

My teary eyes raised up and it was captured by his captivating Prussian blue eyes.

.

.

-------------------------

Let's get the votes rolling. Thank you so much for supporting this babe. Am harsley ace by the way.. thank you so much, my readers.