chapter 1 - what the hell?

"Hmmm how about this colour, it's like an olive green cool colour?" I asked Isabela comparing the two shades of green I had in my hands.

"I think cotton candy pink would look lovely with your skin tone y/n, it will match the flowers and decorations I'll place up in the casita tonight." she replied nodding towards the pink nail polish next to me.

"You sure it wasn't because you wanted it to match the dress you're wearing tonight? I'm kidding Isabela, but I think I'll stick with the green," I tell her. A slight frown takes over her face but I ignored it, my favourite colour is green anyways.

Isabela was busy doing her hair, her wonderful, angel like hair. Today was her birthday, even though she got over being too perfect, I could see that she did enjoy some aspects of it, especially with her hair.

After painting my nails I took Isabela to go out and eat down at the street festival. The Madrigals had their own food stand there, run by Julieta and I was excited to see what they had in for this year. My eyes scanned around the place, hoping to find them quickly because I was starving.

"Soooo what did you guys make this year?" I say to Isabel.

"It's a surprise y/n, I don't like to spoil things it ruins it." she replied, walking down the street at an even pace. I shrugged, "I bet it's your birthday cake HAHA." She rolled her eyes at me.

Once we got there, I saw their whole family organising their stand. Wow! And it smelt amazing, my tummy growled violently at the warm scent. I walked up and greeted them with a smile. Oh what a wonderful family I thought. For a split second, their welcome made me feel like I was a part of their family too.

"Hey watch it!" I heard a deep voice.

I looked up and saw a tall scary looking man with his face hidden by the shadows staring right at me. I could feel his eyes burn into my soul as I slowly walked backward.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't see you there" I said in a quiet voice.

"HAHA, you totally fell for it y/n, it's me Camilo" he exclaimed shape shifting back into himself.

"What? who? .. so you're Camilo, ohh right, I've just never really noticed you." I said.

He takes a step closer, "Oh so I'm just the invisible Madrigal? he asked in reply.

Well he switched up quickly. I begin to fiddle with my hands behind my back.

"Well, we never talk and I barely see you soooo yeah," I said awkwardly staring at my shoes.

"You know it's rude to not look at someone when they're talking to you" he said in a more serious tone. I could feel him smirking at me.

"Oh yeah sorry I'm jus-" I looked up and he was gone.

What the hell?? What did he want? How does he even know my name? Does he think I'm weird or maybe he likes me...nah that's impossible.

"Y/n! what are you doing, come try some of the food" said Isabela, interrupting my crazy thoughts. I turned around to see Isabela walking towards me.

"Oh yeah coming oh and guess WHAT!" I exclaimed.

"Oh what is it y/n?" Isabela asked passing me a plate of food.

"Camilo spoke to me for the first time AND I FORGOT HE EXISTED. I barely pay attention to this boy but he talked to ME?!?" I whispered excitedly to her.

"Ooo you got a crush" said Dolores coming out of no where. Shit I thought, I forgot she could hear every single damn thing. "I heard that y/n but don't worry I won't tell him pinky promise." she said with a wink.

Yeah right I thought.

"Hmm what did you guys talk about?" Isabela asked shoving food into her mouth.

Maybe she grew out of her perfectness pretty well then I thought.

"No he was just so like rude to me for no reason and when I managed to speak to him he just disappeared out of no where." I tell her.

"Maybe just talk to him and become friends. Y/n, I'm going to be married soon and we won't have lots of time to spend together like we do now. Just give it a try okay? I don't think he hates you so just try okay?" she said giving me her most comforting smile.

"Okay" I smiled at her, looking back to my food, I almost forgot how hungry I was.

The scene with Camilo began to creep into my mind as I slowly chewed on the food. Maybe Isabela's right, I should become friends with him, I won't have anyone once Isabela marries that cute nerdy boy. I'm so happy she found someone she's genuinely interested in. But I don't know, Camilo seems to not like me..

I hope you guys like it, if it gets lots of likes I'll be more motivated to write more and more chapters weekly or every few days.
*:.. o(▽≦)o ..:*