chapter 3 - i hate him

Hate. Well yes, it is a strong word but he made me look like a fool. Is there something wrong with me? Why can't he be friends with me? His toxicity has got him on my mind all day. Maybe I should see Isabela, she could help..right? I bolted out of the house straight to Casita.

At the front door, my hand reached to knock on the door but I realised Casita welcomed me right before I could. Casita lead me to Isabela's room, I could feel the tiles shift violently under me. As soon as I get to Isabela's room, the door opens and I see her holding a cactus.

"Y/n! You're here," she walked gracefully towards me, placing the cactus on the table.

"Isabela? You know how you said I should become friends with Camilo?" I asked flopping myself on her flower couch. She nodded, with a curious expression spread across her face.

"Well, it didn't end well, he said he wanted to be friends but when I said yes, he just made fun of me and laughed it off. It hurt my feelings," I tell her and her eyes narrow.

"Why would my cousin do that? He's one of the nicest people I've met and he is IN THE MADRIGAL FAMILY, HE'S MAKING A BAD IMPRESSION ON US NOW!" she exclaimed, anger boiling up in her tone.

"Will you quiet down Isabela?" said a soft voice.

It was Dolores, again appearing out of nowhere. Oh, she probably heard my whole rant. She came up and sat beside me. A sweet warm scent welcomed me, wow she smells nice...hmm that sounds weird now.

"Look y/n, try to avoid him okay? If he talks to you, then ignore him, that will get him confused and he'll try and find out what's bugging you. That way, he'll just become obsessed with you," she says resting her small hand on my shoulder. Hmm, she's trying to help me?

"Hmm it does sound like a good idea but I think he's acting like that because Camilo likes her, he only uses that toxic behaviour towards her, not anyone else," Isabela said while braiding my hair. Her gentle fingers tug my hair into a nice braid.

"Yeah but his toxic behaviour hurt my feelings, I wish he would just be nicer towards me, I want him to be nice and sweet to me like he treats everyone else," I sighed leaning against the cushion.

"Hey! I'm still doing your hair y/n" Isabela complained behind me.

"Oh whoopsie, here do it again," I tell her sitting upright.

"Hey, why don't we just bake some warm cookies, that would help right?" Dolores says.

I love cookies, I do indeed agree to think they make everything better. Hopefully, I don't bump into him again since he LIVES in this house. Maybe I can sneak into his room...

Isabella and Dolores were collecting the ingredients in the kitchen for cookies. I kind of just looked around the house a bit, I always go there to see Isabela, but I never paid attention to the art and beauty of the Casita.

"Y/N! THE COOKIE DOUGH IS DONE!" I heard the girls yell in the hallway.

Oh, sh*t I forgot. I rushed to the kitchen finding Isabela with her hands on her hips. I come up, dipping my finger in the bowl and licking the blob off.

"Isn't that very sanitary of you" I heard the familiar voice. I looked up and of course, it was him, Camilo.

"Have some," I tell him, bringing the bowl up to him.

"Um no, I don't like cookies," he tells me pushing the bowl away, checking his nails.

What the hell? This prick.

"Ugh you're so fussy...princess Camilo," I said grinning while rolling the dough into balls.

I felt his figure behind me. I could feel the strands on my neck slowly stand up. I slowly turned around.

"Do you wanna say that again y/n?" he says in my face.

He was staring right into my eyes, my soul even. My heart began to race quickly.

Stop staring I thought

But I couldn't. I look at his cheeks, wow his freckles are so pretty...like him.

Oh wait, I did not just say that, did I?

"Oh but you did," he tells me with a smirk on his face.

I flushed a deep red colour, I could feel my cheeks flaring up. "I.." I stumbled.

"Aw the blush on your cheeks look lovely," he said with his fingers pinching my cheeks.

I quickly brush his hand away. "Stop Camilo, what do you want? Some day you act like a complete a**hole and now you're calling me cute? I want to be friends but you treat me so differently, compared to everyone else," I say with anger in my tone.

He looks at me with one hand on his hip. "You don't get it do you?"

"Oh, I do get it, you despise me and you use your toxic personality to tease me to amuse your everyday boring life," I say turning around, walking straight away from him.

I can't believe I said that.

Okay yes I want the story to be slow because many of the other novels I've read, it's too rushed and I don't like it :<< <3