chapter 6 - lunch with the Madrigals

The morning was the same as usual...boring. I lay there in the bed thinking about him. Damn that boy, I think I may have Camilo fever. I haven't decided what I should do today, maybe I'll pick some flowers to bring for Pepa and see if she's doing okay. Even though I felt like a slug in bed, I quickly get out of bed to get ready. I want to look my best so I take a hot shower, straighten my hair and put a little light makeup on. I didn't want to overdo it so I wore a nice blue skirt with floral patterns and a crop white top. I put on some silver jewellery and left the house with a slice of toast in my hand. 

The fit <3

I picked roses and tulips, bunching them up nicely in my basket

I picked roses and tulips, bunching them up nicely in my basket. I chose the pink and orange ones, they looked lovely. After that, I quickly bought some sweets from the bakery and went straight to the Casita, greeting Isabela at the door. She was wearing a lovely baby blue dress with white heels. Her hair was up in a bun and her makeup was light. She is so beautiful.

"You know you could have asked me to make flowers for you," she says with a smile while taking the basket in her hands, feeling the door close behind.

"Oh yeah well I think picking them shows I put more effort into it," I tell her with a smile. "Mmmmm what is that smell though?" 

"Oh, it's Camilo and Julieta cooking up lunch. You're joining us so hope you're hungry," she says opening the door to Pepa's room.

LUNCH? Wow, the family is so sweet, luckily I brought the sweets, it will show my appreciation towards the Madrigals. Then I realised Camilo is going to be there, sh*t, I hope he behaves nicely towards me.

As we walk into Pepa's room I see her and Felix sitting next to each other, with a warm sun above their heads. I could feel the sun radiate its heat as I walk into the room.

"Pepa! I'm glad you're doing okay," I say walking towards her, "I got these flowers for you this morning," I point towards Isabela who hands her the basket.

"Ooo yes I love roses," she says excitedly while taking them and placing the flowers in the vase. I noticed that her sun got warmer, it felt nice. I smile back at her.

"Abuela says it's ready," Dolores says walking into the room. 

We all follow her out the room out into the backyard. A table awaited us with plates of food that smelt amazing. Camilo came out with more plates of food, followed by Mirabel and Julieta. I walked over sat next to Isabela, my eyes glued to the food. I look over to find Camilo but he was nowhere to be found. Hmm, I wonder where he went.

"Are you hungry? You know I actually helped them cook the food so you should be proud of me," I hear his voice beside me before pulling up the chair next to me.

I look at him and roll my eyes. "Oh hey Camilo, you did this? Well, let's see if it's as good as you make it sound," My stomach grumbles violently.

"Oh it will be," he mumbles.

"Everyone gather round, it is time for us to eat as a family, including our lovely guest here y/n," Abuela says smiling at me. 

I felt everyone look at me with soft smiles...even Camilo. My stomach began to flutter a little.

"Let's dig in!" Antonio shouts across the table. Everyone chuckles and begins to plate up their food.

"Here y/n, have an arepa," Isabela says putting them onto my plate.

"Oh and have some of my delicious empanadas," Camilo says placing two on my plate.

"Thanks, the food looks lovely," I say looking at Camilo while he shoves an arepa in his mouth. He's so cute. I watched the whole family talk amongst each other, chuckles and laughs played like a symphony altogether. I spoke to Isabela most of the time and Dolores across the table it was fun. I even spoke to Camilo a little as he kept putting food on my plate.

The food really was delicious, my tummy was so bloated. I decided to help take all the plates back into the kitchen. I began to wash the plates one by one, dipping the plates in the warm, soapy water. I grabbed the sponge and began scrubbing.

"You need help there?" Camilo says grabbing the plate from my hand.

"No I don't think so, and how long have you been in here?" I ask confused as to how he got here.

"Oh not too long, I just watched you play with the bubbles," he says with a laugh while drying the plate. I roll my eyes.

I wonder why he's acting all strange. Maybe Isabela and Dolores told him...maybe he knows I like him...OR MAYBE HE KNOWS I LIKE HIM, OH SHIT. Maybe I should make him jealous, then I'll see what he'll do. 

"All done, now time for home," I saw confidently walking out the door, ignoring Camilo's presence. I needed to say bye to the family first.

"I know where you're going and you definitely know I'm going, I know what you're doing there y/n," he says walking behind me.

"Yeah well, you can come if you want," I say shrugging.

"Hmm okay," he says next to me.

I try and hide my smile.

OKAY, I TRIED TO NOT RUSH IT BUT YEAH PLEASE VOTE <3