chapter 9 - camilo pov

CAMILO POV

I lay in my bed, my mind can't get her out of my head. I wish I wasn't that rude to her, she seemed too innocent and kind. I roll over my bed, studying my massive room. She hasn't seen my room yet, I should invite her over...but she thinks I hate her, oh god what have I done?

"Camilo? Are you ready? We're going to the bakery today," I hear Dolores says across the door.

"Oh yeah comingggggggg," I say in response, slipping off my bed lazily. This is the first time Dolores has ever wanted to hang out with me. She's usually out with her boyfriend Mariano but I guess today she's doing it for the 'sisterly act'.

I quickly got ready, fixed up my hair and met Dolores at the front door. We lived so close to the bakery it felt like a 5-second walk, and besides, if we ever needed sweets or bread, we could just ask Julieta to cook us some food like we have a kitchen?

We entered the bakery and a wave of cookies filled the air, wow it smells really good in here I thought. I look around, the interior of the bakery looked just as good as the outside...wait hold on is that...no it isn't...y/n? I see a guy sitting opposite her. And wtf is that dooshbag doing with her?

"Hi, can I please can an iced chai?" I hear Dolores say at the counter. I quickly walk up to her, my eyes still stuck on y/n and the boy. Why should I care? I look away, focusing hard on the doughnuts on display, trying hard to think about something else.

I could hear y/n laugh in the midst of the background noises. Did he say something funny to her? Am I not funny enough? I guess that's because I'm too cold towards her.

"Let's just hurry up and get out of here," I say quickly to Dolores.

"If you don't want to be here then just wait outside, it's warm out there and I want my ice chai," she says turning to me, moving her hands in a shooing motion.

"No, it's fine, I'll stay," crossing my arms, turning my back against the 'cute couple'.

I hear a chair slide.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" I hear her voice say.

Oh, she's leaving now? Great and she's going with him. It's fine they're just friendly friends right? I sigh.

I hear footsteps become louder behind me, she's coming. Her scent flew by me, I look towards her and see her next to him, walking ever so gracefully. Her dress swished behind her. I really like that dress, it's my y/f/c I thought. When she gets close to the door, I grab her wrist without thinking. She turns around, making eye contact with me. I notice the light circles underneath her eyes, why hasn't she been sleeping?

"Who's that?" is all I ask, without sounding jealous.

"Oh him? That's my fri-" she says before getting cut off.

"-I'm her boyfriend, do you have a problem with her or something?" the guy says cutting her off. Bruh why did he have to say it like that? My heart sank, I guess they aren't friends...they are dating instead. I look at her and she looks behind me, probably at Dolores. I quickly get her attention again.

"Oh no, it's just she has a bit of crumb on her upper lip," I tell them before lifting my hand up, reaching for her face, my thumb softly rubs off the crumb. She has soft skin. I notice her cheeks redden...cute. I expected her to stay but I guess she's gonna go out with that guy...that dooshbag.

"Thanks, Camilo but I need to go now see you later," is all she says before turning her back against me. I look up towards the dude, he was literally staring at me, what's his problem? They both walk out the door. I shrug, "that little shit."

Dolores walks up behind me. "Something wrong?" she says but I just shake my head and walk out the door with her.

I would've told her if she could actually keep a secret. Maybe she knows, I don't know, should I care?....yes I should.

We went to the park and sat down on the bench. The weather was warm, I let my body bake in the sun. Dolores was quietly sipping her chai.

"Do you think that's actually her boyfriend?" I ask Dolores.

HEHEHEH CLIFFHANGER :D PLEASE VOTE AND LIKE IM ACTUALLY ENJOYING THIS STORY.