chapter 8 - Who's Samuel?

I couldn't sleep at all last night, I stare at myself in the mirror, I notice two large circles underneath my eyes. I take a quick shower and get ready. Today I'll be meeting Samuel, spending most of the day with him at the bakery and around town. Dolores planned to go take Camilo out to town today hoping for him to notice us. I hope it goes all to plan :)

Samuel planned to meet at the bakery around 12 so I had 15 more mins before I had to leave. I quickly spray a bit of perfume on, not too much, braided my hair and put a little makeup on. I looked at the mirror...hmmm the dress was too long, I went for a shorter one. It was a cute green dress with white flowers.

The fit <3

Realising I had 2 mins left, I rush out of the door in my white flats

Realising I had 2 mins left, I rush out of the door in my white flats. As I walked I felt nervous, I don't know this guy, what happens if it goes wrong? I quickly fix my pace, calming myself down.

"Y/N! Omg, I'm glad I found you, are you ready?" Isabela says walking towards me. Thank god she's here.

"I'm actually really nervous," I tell her looking towards my shoes.

"Well of course you are! It'll go well okay y/n, by the way, Dolores and Camilo already left the house so they should be there soon okay?" she says with comfort.

"Can you come with me?" I ask her awkwardly.

"Pfft noo are you silly? Camilo's gonna know this is a setup. Just smile, talk and get to know him."

She smiles at me then quickly leaves as we arrive at the bakery. I could feel the pit of my back starting to sweat. Ew.

I walk into the bakery, hearing the soft bell ring as I open the door. There were a few people in there, my eyes scan around looking for Samuel, I spot him sitting in the corner, he looks up and smiles at me.

"Hey Samuel," I say walking towards him before taking a seat opposite him.

"Hey y/n, I'm glad you're here, did you want anything to eat?" he says.

"Oh yeah could I just have a muffin and an iced coffee?" I say, spinning the fork on the table.

He nods and goes up to the counter, talking to the man who I presumably thought was his dad. They looked similar, both tanned and short curly hair. Hmm, maybe his dad runs the place which is why he works here. Samuel comes back with my muffin and coffee and sits down.

"Soooo...How long have you been working here?" I ask while sipping the coffee.

"Come on y/n we want to have a fun conversation by asking more interesting questions. Here, I'll start," he says with confidence. "What's your favourite colour?"

"How is that an interesting question?" I laugh, nearly choking on my coffee.

"Well because I want to know," he says picking my muffin.

*Ring*

I heard the bell ring as the door to the bakery opened. Shit, is it Camilo I thought? I didn't want to look, as my back was turned against the door, instead, I look towards Samuel for answers. He looks beside my head quickly then looks at me mouthing It's Camilo to my face.

"Well answer my question?"

"It's y/f/c," I say looking at him.

"Hmm I like that colour too, it's pretty, like you," he tells me, reaching out to tuck my curtain bangs behind my ear. He said it loud and clear, I'm pretty sure it was because the cafe was a bit loud and he wanted Camilo to hear. For some reason, my stomach fluttered a little once he did that. I could feel Camilo staring at us, I mean I hope he was.

I laugh, "what's yours then? Yellow?"

I heard voices, it was Camilo.

"Let's just hurry up and get out of here," I hear him say. He sounded furious, I presume it was because he saw us but that's the answer I wanted to hear.

"If you don't want to be here then just wait outside, it's warm out there and I want my ice chai," I hear Dolores say softly.

"No, it's fine, I'll stay," he says.

I stood up, I need fresh air. "Why don't we go for a walk?" I ask Samuel.

"Oh yeah, I actually know a place we could go to," he says standing up, pushing my chair in as I walk to the door.

I looked over to the counter seeing Camilo and Dolores talking to each other, sadly his back was turned against me. Samuel opens the door for me and I smile and say thanks, before I could walk out, I felt a hand grab ahold of my wrist. I turn around to see Camilo with his hand on my wrist.

"Who's that?" he asks so casually, acting like he didn't care.

"Oh him? That's my fri-,"

"-I'm her boyfriend, do you have a problem with her or something?" Samuel says cutting off my words. I look towards Dolores, all she did was smile awkwardly and put her thumbs up.

"Oh no, it's just she has a bit of crumb on her upper lip," Camilo says before he wipes it off with his thumb. His touch was so delicate and careful, I smile at him, my insides were screaming.

"Thanks, Camilo but I need to go now see you later," is all I say, turning around and walking out of the door. I look and see Samuel glaring at him.

MY NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A CAMILO POV OF THIS SCENE OKAY SO VOTE AND STAY TUNED FOR MORE :P