chapter 11 - pretty view

I lay on Isabela's pit of flowers. I spent most of the time just thinking about him. I roll over to see what Isabela's up to. I notice she has fabric all over her desk, sewing needles and string. I guess she's making a new dress. I remember when she made me a dress, it was so beautiful, it had patterns she sewed with her own hands and flowers that she made.

"Guuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyss I'm back," I look towards where the sound was coming from, Dolores was at the door with a tray of cupcakes.

"They smell pretty good from up here," I say looking towards her, "Isabela can you help me down?" I ask. I didn't want to risk jumping off it because it was a bit high up here.

"Oh yeah y/n here," she says without looking, waving her hand. The massive pit began to shrink smaller, I felt it lower slowly. I rush towards Dolores.

"What did Camilo say?" I ask before taking a cupcake. I looked at the cute cupcake, it had pink frosting with mini flower sprinkles on the top, cute.

"He isn't in a good mood, especially after when we ditched him at the park with Samuel. He told me he left straight away because he didn't want to be there alone with him. He also wondered where you went but I said that you were talking about something important with Isabela," she says quickly.

"I want to talk to him," is all I say before taking a massive bite of the cupcake. Sweet vanilla filled my mouth, "MMMMmm did you make these?" I ask her nodding at the tray.

"Oh Julieta made them, hey Isabela do you want some?" she asks looking towards Isabela.

"Oh yeah I'll take just one," she replies. A vine reaches over towards us taking a cupcake. Isabela quickly takes it off before taking a bite.

"Mmm okay, these are pretty good," she says nodding.

I take another bite of the cupcake.

"Why don't you talk to Camilo now?" Dolores asks placing the tray down on the table.

"Should I? I don't even know where he is though," I say.

"Don't worry y/n, he hasn't left the house, he's probably in his room or roaming around the house so you'll bump into him on the way," Isabela tells me, looking toward us, "good luck y/n."

They both smile at me. What would even I do without them?

I walked out of Isabela's room, walking down the hall. I wonder where he is I thought. I began to notice the paintings on the wall, they were all very detailed and colourful. I follow where the rest of the painting went till I went outside in the backyard. I notice a big painting of the Casita. I take a closer look at it, examining the intricate colours and patterns.

"Wow," I whisper quietly tracing my fingers over the painting.

"I know right," I hear a voice say beside me. I look to the side seeing Camilo stare at the wall too.

"Who painted all of this? They did a pretty good job with it," I ask him.

"That person," he points out at the name below.

Camilo Madrigal

"YOU?" I say surprised.

He smiles, "Uh yeah duh, do you know any other Camilo Madrigal in Encanto?"

"I suppose not," I smile back.

We stood there in silence for a bit, staring at the paintings.

"You know the boy I was with? He wasn't my boyfriend just saying," I laugh.

"Then why did he say so," Camilo says looking towards me.

I sigh, "I think he's just jealous that I-" cutting myself off before I accidentally reveal my embarrassing, massive crush on him.

"Jealous that you...?" he says waiting for my answer.

"Oh nothing," I quickly say.

"No, tell me,"

"Umm, he's just jealous that I have a Madrigal as an umm best friend," I mumble quickly, hoping that I didn't make it too obvious.

"Oh ok."

Phew.

I walk away slowly hoping he follows me.

"Where are you heading off to now?" he asks grabbing ahold of my wrist. "You always leave me when I see you."

"Well, I'm going to the lake and you're coming with me," I say turning around. He smiles at me.

"I'll lead the way," he says jumping in front of me

I laugh, "okay Camilo,"

This is the first time I felt like I could have a normal conversation with him without it feeling toxic or awkward. We walk along the trail that leads to the lake but instead of taking the right turn to it, he goes in the other direction."

"Where are we going?" I ask looking back in the other direction, "the lake is over there."

"To the lake remember? I said that before," he replies, continuing to walk in the opposite direction.

Instead of arguing back, I go along with him to see where the trail leads off to.

...

"Are we there yet?" I whine, my legs sore from all the walking.

"Yup we are he says," reaching his arm out, "just one last big step."

I take his hand before he helps me up the massive step. I looked up to see where we were and noticed that we were on a mountain. That explained the lots of walking we did. I further look around noticing Encanto at the very bottom.

"Wow we are literally on a mountain," I say without trying to sound nervous. I had a little fear of heights.

"Don't worry there's a fence that'll keep us safe," he reassures me noticing my nervous tone.

We walk towards the edge, leaning against the fence, I look down, it wasn't too bad I guess.

"It's actually better than the lake," I say looking towards him.

He laughs, "of course, it is," he looks towards me and smiles.

I notice a large tree next to me, I pick off a leaf and throw it off the edge. I notice it spin quickly as it slowly floats down.

"Wait I wanna try that," he says amazed, his arm reaching over my head picking off a leaf.

He throws it with force...it just floats down. I laugh.

"That's not how you do it," I laugh at him, "here I'll show you again."

I pick off another and throw it gently off the edge.

"How?" he says in annoyance

"Magic, obviously," I said looking towards him.

"You could join my family then since you have your so-called leaf powers," he teases me.

I laugh along with him before hearing a crack. I felt the fence crack beneath my fingers. Before I could take a step back, I felt the whole fence tip off the edge...bringing me with it.

"CAMILO!" I scream.

YEAHEYAYEHAEYAHEHHHAHAHAH IM SO EXCITED TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY TWITTER FOR UPDATES AND MEMES :D