Chapter 6: DanIsNotOkay

Chapter 6- "DanIsNotOkay"

It was now morning and I peek into Dans room. There were tear stains on his blanket and him still under the blanket. I kiss his cheek and cuddle up next to him, trying not to wake him. I fall back asleep and by the time I wake up, Dan was already awake, making coffee in the kitchen. I trudge toward the kitchen just as he was walking out and our foreheads collided and we fell on the floor.

"Sorry Dan," I say taking his hand and pulling him back up. He quietly said "Its okay," and walked back to his room. I pour some cereal and grab the milk when I noticed that it had expired and threw it out. "Ugh," I proclaim, eating the dry cereal and staring out the window. I poured hot water from the kettle into a mug, put a tea bag in the water and watched it float up and down. I carefully picked it up by the handle and walked slowly toward Dan's bedroom door. I knocked softly just in case he wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Come in," Dan says quietly.

I walk in and set the tea on his night stand, sitting next to him on his bed. I looked at his bruised eye and sighed. "How are you doing?" I say inching my hand towards his. "Alright.." he trailed off, putting his hands in his lap, I frown and slide next to him. "I'm not leaving till I get an exact answer," I say, sternly. He looks at me and makes a little frown with tears streaming down his face. I lay his head on my shoulder and comfort him. I kiss his forehead and lick his tears from his cheeks.

After he ran out of tears I hushed him and made him drink the tea. He took a sip and smiled because I picked his favorite, which made me smile because I finally got it right. "So, do you want to tell me whats wrong?" I say muffling against the mug. "I'm not ready, but I feel like I have to tell you anyway," he shifts, fiddling with his thumbs. "Us as a couple.." He starts to say, pausing. "I feel like now that we're a couple, the universe is against us,"

"What do you mean?" I ask, crossing my arms. "Only one event happened, and it was just one chav, but what if the universe is telling us we shouldn't be together," he finished with tears forming in his eyes again. I felt attacked, hurt, angry, confused, I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed. What if he's right? Nothing so far has gone right. I placed the cup carefully on the table and walked out of the room. I heard Dan blubbering like a baby, which I cared deeply inside but I didn't have effort to comfort him because I need comforting myself.

I closed the door and sat on the floor to think. He couldn't be right, could he? But I love him, I know we were meant to be together. I shake these feelings and decide to take a nice stress-less bath. I start the bath and take my clothes off. I was about to step into the hot water when I heard a slight knock at my door. I quickly wrap a towel around my waist and open the door. "I heard the bath water and I was wondering..." he trailed off, I knew where this was heading. "Of course you can," I say grinning, letting him in my room. He takes off his clothes and I giggle as we get in the bath.

"Did you bring the wine?" Dan says, biting his lip. "You know I always have extra under the sink," I say carefully getting out to grab it, bringing the 2 glasses that were also under there. I fill his glass half way and do the same to mine and we clink them together and smile. "To Phan!" we both smile, intertwining our arms together and taking a sip. I kiss Dans lips and put bubbles on his head and giggled. I bit my bottom lip because of how cute Dan looks. Dan looked down at his hands and blushed.