Chapter 7: What a Sandy Sunday

Chapter 7- "What a Sandy Sunday"

I woke up to Dan kissing me on the forehead. I smile and kiss his lips. "So whats on the agenda today?" I ask sitting up and keeping him on my lap. "Todays free," he says, checking his calendar on his phone. "Good," I say holding his hands. "We should go to the beach," I say. "Its bloody freezing out though," he whines. "It'll give you a chance to wear that new jacket you got," I say, bribing him. "True, fine. Don't come crying to me if your nipples freeze and fall off," he chuckles. "I won't," I laugh along with him. He gets up and walks into the kitchen, tiredly as I follow behind him. Dan starts a pot of coffee, pours himself some cocoa pops and I do the same. I pour some almond milk into it and dan reaches his arms behind me and puts a spoon into my bowl, I laugh as he retrieves back to his spot. "So are we walking to the beach?" he asks with a mouth full of pops. "Yep!" I say with enthusiasm. I hear him growl as he stomps out of the kitchen, to the table I hope. I balance the coffee mug and cereal in my hands, carefully walking over to the table.

I stand by the door, putting on my jacket, waiting for Dan. "Could you tie my shoes?" Dan asks, sounding like a child. "Sure, kid," I say bending down and tying them. I loop the laces around each other and tie it in a knot. "Thank you!," he proclaims as I stand back up. "you're welcome," I respond, waiting for him to get done buttoning his jacket. "Ready?" "Ready," we walk out the flat door and down the steps. We start to walk on the side walk, side by side as my fingers touch his hand.

As soon as we spot no one around we hold each others hands. I see someone coming so I pull my hand away quickly and put them in my pocket. Dan glares at me for a good 5 minutes, as I look down at the ground, ashamed. "I-I'm sorry," I say, still looking at the ground. "Its fine," he says, sassily, staring ahead. Once we get to the beach I notice that no ones here yet so i grab his arm and make him look at me. "I know you hate when I do that, but I don't want to risk you getting hurt again, okay? So please, don't be angry with me," I say, staring at him as he looks at the ground. "Okay," He quietly says, pulling his arm away and sits on the rocks, I sigh and sit beside him. "It looks prettier than usual today," I say, trying to break the awkward silence. "Mhmm," he says, resting his head on his hand. I said sorry to him, what the hell is his problem. I pick up a hand full of pebbles up and walk over to the water. I turn my hand side ways and throw it. I watch it skip over the water as I throw another one and watch that skip beautifully over the water as well. I see Dan next to me out of the corner of my eye but I don't fully look at him. He skips a pebble and I skip a pebble until we finally run out of pebbles. He sits down and I get my phone out to take a picture of him. I snap it without him looking and smile at how cute he looked in the photo. I sit on his lap facing him. "Hi," I say, inches apart from his face. "Hello," he responds, staring into my soul, I mean eyes.

A girl and a guy walked on the beach, I quickly got off his lap. They must've saw us because one of them shouted at us. "Fag lords!" The stereotypical 'chav' called and the girl with the blonde hair and bright red lipstick snickered. Dan rolled his eyes and I looked at my hands. "We should go, I'm hungry anyway," I say, embarrassed to look up. "If you really want to," he says, looking at me with his kind eyes. He grabs my hand and we walk off the beach. All of a sudden I felt sand hit my back, I turn around.

***TO BE CONTINUED***