Chapter 5: Shots Fired

Chapter 5- "Shots Fired"

It was later in the day and we were now making a decision on if we should make a video or not. "I mean we could but I would like to spend my day doing something, let's make memories," Dan said, holding onto my arm pleading. "Fine, but tomorrow we have to make a video," I say, taking his arms off of me. "Alright, then I get to pick where we eat," I say with a smile. "Where are we eating?" Dan asks. "It's a surprise," I say devilishly.

I called for an Uber and it came to pick us up. I whisper into the driver's ear on where to take us and Dan looked at me suspiciously. "Where did you tell him to take us, Phil?" he stares at me. "Don't worry about it," I said, patting his head as I sat back down in my seat. We held hands all the way to the restaurant. We got out of the car when we reached Berners Tavern. "Okay, we're here," I say. As soon as we walk through the entrance door the first thing we see is a big, white, chandelier hanging from the ceiling that took up half the room.

"Wow," Dan says as if I took his breath away.

"You like?" 

"But, why did you take me to a nice ass restaurant?" 

"Because," I say grabbing both of his hands and turning so we're face to face. "You mean a lot to me and you deserve...all this," I say as I spread my hands apart in the air, concealing the whole room of people. "Hmm, if you want to show me how much you loved me we could've just stayed home, but I mean, look at this place. Thank you," he said with a half-smile. We sit at this brown table with black revealing chairs. I feel the edges with my left hand, smooth metal, every nice restaurant has these. Dan picks up a menu and shows me the prices. "A-Are you sure..." before he could finish his sentence I responded nodding my head "I'm sure," 

the waiter brings us our meal, Salmon with a slice of lemon on the top of it and a side of brown rice, and green beans. I don't know why, but we always get the same thing, maybe because we would get our meal quicker. Dan takes his first bite and instantly falls in love. "You know you're supposed to squirt the lemon on it first then take a bite," I say, chuckling. "That's what she said," Dan said covering his mouth so he doesn't spit his food out. "Really Dan, this is supposed to be romantic," I say giggling and he just shrugs it off with a quirky smirk.

We get done eating and talking about what our plans are for the next 2 months. I reminded him that we have to film our gaming channel video tomorrow for we are a little bit behind on them. He agreed and excused himself to the bathroom. I pulled out my phone, I knew that he would take a while because he always does. I figure he's probably playing Candy Crush while doing his business. Zoey started to ring me and I didn't know what to do, so I just answered it. "H-hello?"

"Hey Phil! How ya been?"

"I've been great, and yourself?"

"Oh busy as usual,"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah just a little bit of filming and errands to run, there's lots to do around Christmas time," She said, I could tell she was exhausted. "Yeah I agree, well I'd love to chat longer but I'm a little busy myself, talk to you later!" "Okay, well good bye!" I pressed the 'End Call' button and put the phone in my pocket, just in time for Dan to come back to the table. "Who was on the phone?" Dan asked as he was fixing his shirt and hair. "Zoe, she just wanted to know how I was doing," "Oh, she didn't ask how I was doing? Rude, I'll have to teach that lady a lesson," "You'll have to what?" "Never mind, heh," "Okay...shall we go?" "We shall," he says, getting up and grabbing my hand to help me up. We grab our jackets and paid the check at the front counter.

On our way out we were stopped by a gang of 'chavs' who saw us holding hands. "Hey queer baits, you mind holding hands somewhere else, some place where, maybe, no one is eating." said the man with bleach blonde hair, bulky body, and a slight square-like head. "Okay stereotypical jock, obviously you're used to America, where you can say whatever you want to whom-ever you want. But this isn't America, so respect others and mind your own damn business!" Dan yells. He seemed 5 feet taller after he said that. "Bullshit," said the chav and punched Dan right in the face. The rest of his gang spat on us and walked out the door along with 'The Hulk'. I jog to the front counter asking for ice, leaving Dan breath less.

I come back over to him with a towel, a bag of ice and set it on his eye. I bring him into a hug avoiding his eye and everyone was dumbfounded on what just happened. I threw the towel on the ground and stomped out with Dan by my side not caring about anything but his eye. "Damn it!" Dan whispered to himself. "Look at me," I ordered, he just sat there on the ground with his face hiding between his legs. "You did the right thing, no matter how much it hurts right now," I say kneeling down to sling my arm over his hunched body. "I know you're full of positivity right now Phil, but I just got punched in the face, obviously me opening my damn mouth wasn't a such a good idea after all," he responds. "Not now," I whisper, walking to the green bench that's waiting on the dead grass near a telephone pole. The Uber should be here anytime now.

It was now 10 after 7 and I wasn't very patient anymore. "They aren't coming," Dan said, laying on the bus bench. "Okay, then what do you want me to do? You're in no condition to be walking," I respond, looking at him. "Phil, I only got punched in the face, I think I'll be fine," ignoring what he was saying, I pulled out my phone to ring Zoella, so she can pick us up. Zoe got here as quickly as she could and I helped Dan off the bench and we got in her car. Zoe touched Dans face carefully, avoiding the blood. "What dick would just punch a random stranger in public?" she said in disgust. "A dick," Dan responded, covering his eye with the ice pack.

She dropped us off at our flat, we waved her goodbye and she drove off. We got inside and I walked Dan to his bedroom and gave him a goodnight kiss. I went into my bedroom, shut the door, and went to bed.