Chapter 6| praise

E L A R A

I turn back and notice him getting up from the couch, striding toward me. Why did he have to do that? If I were him, I wouldn't leave that plate of delicious lasagna for a girl, for anybody.

He proceeds near me until we were only one step away from each other. "I gave Leo a chance, and he ended up with a scratched face and a broken nose."

I don't know if this was supposed to be funny or not, but what the actual heck? I didn't expect that from Nero. I peek at Nero rubbing his nose and sleeping on the couch peacefully.

"And guess what, you're not going anywhere," he says, his expression serious, voice deep.

I roll my eyes, "You're a singer with your songs hitting the top Billboard charts, as I can observe obviously. You can easily hire somebody to take care of Nero."

I cross my arms as it's getting cold, and what I'm wearing is too revealing. I don't know what Arabella and Darla were considering while picking this dress for me.

A small smirk plays on his lips, "So you finally know."

"Certainly," I reply, shrugging my shoulders slightly.

"I need to leave now. Thanks for everything you did. It was nice meeting you! I'll come again to pay you everything back" I say and turn around to leave, but his raspy voice saying my name stops me again.

"Ela, wait."

I spin around again, "Yeah?" I ask.

His expression changes into serious, "Doctor told me you've severe internal injuries. Your ventricular rupture caused fatal bleeding before you could be taken to the hospital, you might face abdominal pain all of the sudden"

"You shouldn't be living alone traveling around to hotels" he adds.

I feel a lump stuck in my throat, I never knew what is going on with me.

"But... why do you care?" my voice is low, and I can't help but ask this stupid question.

His eyes soften, "I know I might sound silly, but my Mom died in a car accident when we were a continent away from her" he says, his voice becomes quieter, "Nobody helped her... when she needed. So I want to help you with this, I know how difficult it might get"

What guy I'm seeing right now in front of me is totally different from what I've been seeing the whole day. Even though he described his reason in the most possible short way, still I can feel how hard it for him.

"Okay, but I'll pay half of the rent—"
"Shut up," he interrupts.

"You can take that room," he says and picks up Nero from the couch to leave for his room, to sleep.

"Neville?" I shout, and he turns back.
"Yeah?"

I feel weird while asking this, but I have to, "I can't sleep in these clothes," I say.

I'll feel suffocated if I try to. I better sleep naked. Not a bad idea, though, but still, it's not my house for god's sake.

"Wait here, I'll bring you a pair of my clothes if you don't mind wearing those?"