Chapter 21| embarrassment

E L A R A

Mrs. Harris and her daughter showing up at this apartment while Neville is home is the last thing I desire to happen, not at least yet.

He wouldn't like somebody suddenly interfering in his personal space either, and especially wouldn't like me divulging his residential address to everyone.

They must be a few minutes away from here. Leaving everything, I run out of my room to make sure he gets out of this place as soon as possible.

"Neville!" I shout, knocking on his door. Waiting for a few more seconds felt out of my wish so I barge inside, I glance at him shirtless which makes my heart fly in clouds but I still talk, "Neville, you need to get out of here"

He doesn't say anything, just stares at me from head to toe with those two most beautiful piercing eyes. "What are you wearing, Elara?" he asks, fixing his gaze straight into my eyes.

My eyes dart to my body, and just then I realize what the heck I'm wearing! My cheeks heat up. My hands get folded on my chest shyly and I notice him turning his face authentically to the other side, looking outside the window.

"You need to go out of here," I say, trying to sound sensual and serious, ignoring my current condition.

"I guess it's my apartment," he says.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, but my bookstore owner is coming with her daughter, she just messaged me that she's on her way here"

He picks up his coffee from the table, "I don't see anything problematic here"

"It is!" I say, trying to make him understand, "Her daughter is a huge fan of you, she has all your music albums, your posters, and your pics covering the walls of her room, she's crazy for you!"

He swallows, staring at me expressionless, "Am I supposed to be surprised?"

I want to fist my hair, but damn I can't take risk of this towel falling, so I better talk with my arms crossed.

"Neville-" I was about to say something but the doorbell rang.

I purse my lips in a thin layer before speaking, "For God's sake, please don't come out of the room"

I walk to my room and get changed into the dress I chose so fast. I run to the main door whose bell has been ringing many times.

"Mrs. Harris," I say and smile, "Hey, Gemma"

Looking at her holding her small black colored bag, wearing blue pants and a cute white crop top along with long straight chestnut brown hair makes me realize she's the prettiest girl I've seen who takes very good care of her looks. She's very much similar to me in terms of age, just a couple of years younger.

"Would you keep staring at us or call us inside too?" Mrs. Harris asks and I let out a small laugh with a hint of discomfort.

"Sure, come inside, we can sit and talk in my room," I say, showing her the way.

"This whole apartment is yours, hun" she says and walks inside like I really own it, "I never knew you would be living at such an expensive place, it's really pretty" she smiles.

"Your collar is displaced a little," Gemma says politely with a soft smile touching her lips and fixing it quickly.

"Ah, thanks" I say. This is what happens when you have to wear the dress in mere few seconds.

We walk to my room and talk about the office stuff she was very eager to talk about. I tried to divert their mind away from Neville's pic decorated on the wall in the living room, and I was pretty successful I believe.