Chapter 35| LETTER 4

E L A R A

"It was a sunny day, I and my girlfriend were sitting in a cafe. It wasn't much crowded but had a rush of people around. Among those people, one was Nat. Sitting on the desk next to mine, I could see her eating salad with a desperate facial expression. Like finishing those pieces of raw vegetables was her only motive even if she doesn't really want to" Neville says, and the thought that she must be following a strict diet plan crosses my mind.

"Okay, I'll see you later," my girlfriend said and left the cafe after giving me a short and quick hug. Only if I wasn't so occupied by the horror thoughts of what happened yesterday, I would have asked her for a drive to her home, there would have been a goodbye kiss. But I couldn't, it felt as if... I was wrong, I wasn't doing right with her and I was cheating on her. Before I could think about it any longer, my mobile rang"

A feeling of regret crosses my heart. The way he describes all of the things with his girlfriend shows how different a person he was. He was so caring and loving guy whose heart got broken by a girl. Why, how... I don't know any of it, but still, it makes my heart so full of sympathy for him.

"It was Waylon who was calling me. My hands felt fucking shaking, I was thinking what if... he got to know about that thing. He would have never expected that from me, I had sex with the girl he loved and cared for, even when I already had a girlfriend. I was stuck in my own mind, but I picked up the call somehow"

"Hello?' I said, but there was no sound from there"

"I stayed in fear and didn't let out a word for a few seconds until I hear a sob from there. I ran my hand through my hair and felt sweaty, "Waylon, what-"

"I've sent you a message, see it," he says quietly and I took a deep breath before pulling the mobile away from my ear and opening his chatbox"

Neville pauses and doesn't say anything further, "Are you ok, Neville?" I ask. I know it isn't easy for him, I can feel him getting tensed.

He nods. "Then... what message did he send you?" I ask.

"Those were the pictures of me and you of that night in the bed, naked" his voice cracks, "You sent him"

I get frozen on my spot.

"One question," Neville says, "Just one question he asked and I felt my throat burning answering it. 'Did you sleep with Elara' he asked"

"Waylon, it is not what it looks like" I tried to make him understand but his voice of sobbing made me want to collapse everything. It felt like he was crying, his voice was breaking and shaking terribly. I tried to make him understand but he didn't want to hear me, 'Yes or No' he asked me"

"I said yes," Neville says and I hold his hand, it still hurts him as much as it did that day, "And, then he told me that he hates me, he said that I betrayed him. The things he said made me think if all of that was really my fault or not. I had hurt my best friend and girlfriend"

"I was too mentally unstable at that time to move from that seat at the cafe, so I stayed a little more. My eyes got stuck on Nat, who was still trying to swallow her food with the help of some liquid she was carrying with her. I wondered why she was doing that because she was a foody girl, a cute chubby one"

"How old she was?" I ask.

"Fifteen"

"I- I don't remember her exactly... I don't remember her face" I say.

"It's ok, give yourself some time," he says and continues.

"She was holding her forehead with her hands, I thought it was nothing until she suddenly fell down on the floor with a small thud. I instantly stood up and ran to her. She was getting pale, her lips started to become whitish in color. I carried her to my car and took her to the hospital hurriedly"