Chapter 47| LETTER 7 (Part B)

E L A R A

Whereas this guy, Waylon, is full of excitement, curiosity, and determination to explore this world.

He's always open to new things.

"It's so easy with you," I say to Neville, my eyes brightened with a spark of amazement.

"Easy?" Neville asks confusedly, "What's easy?"

"Remembering my past. It's so easy with you, it's like magic" I say and he smiles.

"The very next day, he heard a knock. It was eleven-fifty at night. When he heard another knock, he realized it was not on the door but his room's window" Neville continues.

"Open the door!" I whisper-shout seeing him through the windows.

I went to the main door and he opened the door. "What are you-" before he could finish I grab his hand and lead our way to his room. I show him the box in my hand once we both get there, "What is this?" he asks clueless.

"You should have just opened it" I whisper shout and roll my eyes, keeping it on the bed and opening it by myself.

"Stop whisper shouting, it sounds weird," he says and I again roll my eyes. I just don't want his mom and Nat to wake up. 

I show him the small cake I brought for him, "Happy Birthday!" I whisper shout again.

"What?" he asks in surprise, "How do you know today is my birthday?"

My face turns sad, "I just know" I say, "Now blow out the candles"

He smiles watching me burning the candles and raising the box near his face. In this darkness, his face doesn't glow because of the light of candles, but because of the smile on his face. He's literally staring at me closely and almost grinning. What happened to him? Does he think it's a dream?

And suddenly, he snaps out of his thoughts and blows out the candle. I put it down and he cuts the cake, giving me a small bite of it, and I give him a small bite too while whispering the birthday song. "I have a gift for you," I say and take out a box from my bag.

"What's it?" he asks and opens it, taking out a small painting frame drawn by me. "Is it me?!" he asks in surprise and I sign him to lower his voice, "Oh God, it's so perfect. You drew it for me?" he asks and I nod, smilingly.

"I'm sorry," I say.

He looks in surprise at me, "Sorry for what?" he asks, "It's amazing"

I shake my head, "Sorry for everything I did. I know it's nothing compared to what I made you feel all that time, but I need you to know-"

"I forgive you," he says in the very next second.

"I-" before I could say anything, my eyes traveled to the door, seeing his mom panting heavily.

"Mrs. Sinclair," I say and we both run to her, what's happening with her, "Is she alright? What's happening to her?" I ask Waylon, seeing her getting fainted.

"Mom!" Waylon wails, holding her by her shoulders, "It's happening again, her inhaler! Where's that?" he mumbles to himself and was about to run to her room to get the inhaler but I hold his arm.

"It's severe, Waylon, inhaler won't suffice," I say, "We need to rush her to the hospital now"

"I don't know she's- she's closing her eyes" Waylon mumbles in a weak voice and I again urge him to do what I said. He nods and picks her up in his arms, running to the car parked outside.