Chapter 46| LETTER 7 (Part A)

E L A R A

I spent one more night in the hospital and went to my home with Neville and Leo. The first thing Leo is doing after arriving here is rob the snacks from my fridge.

I slowly make my way to my room and end up putting my foot on one of the broken bottle's pieces spreading on the floor. "Oh, shit--" I mumble when I see a small scratch on my toe.

"What are you doing?" Leo comes to me and checks my foot, "You know, I've no idea what's all this mess in your room, but you shouldn't walk inside when its floor is decorated as such"

I roll my eyes and turn around to leave, I'll ask Lisa to clean all of it. Leo offers me his hand and leads me out of the room saying-- "My grandma walks faster than you"

God, I'm feeling like a minion with small legs who walks taking small steps. What am I going to do like this?

I scoff sadly.

🪐

"Hey, wake up" Neville's voice startles me and I open my eyes. We're already at his apartment? But I wanted to sleep more. I came here for some time just to meet Nero.

Neville opens the door of his side and before I could open the door of my side, Neville opens it for me and offers me his hand.

I smile and slide my hand into his'. "Neville, I can walk, really" I tell him when I see him being too worried about me if I can walk properly without any support or not.

"You sure?" he asks.

"Yes," I tell and bite my lip, "You can stop babysitting me now"

He rolls his eyes before laughing and holding my hand normally but with so much adoration when I feel him lacing his fingers with mine, leading our way to his apartment from this parking area. 

🪐

It's seven-thirty in the evening. Neville made me some healthy snacks that tasted so delicious. "Neville?" I say to have his attention from the movie. It's almost evening and we both are watching a movie with all lights turned off.

"What, Ela?" he asks.

"I have the seventh letter"

He snaps his head to me, "Good. Keep it aside because we aren't going to discuss it"

"But I want to know what happened next," I say.

"Your health is much more important than these letters," he says.

"I know you're worried about my health but I promise I won't do anything to harm myself again. Now I have you, and I'll tell you to stop if I feel like I can't bear it anymore" I say, I really need to know what happened with Waylon next.

"Still," he says and worry crosses his expression. He keeps staring at me thinking and finally speaks after sighing, "Fine, I'll tell you. But please don't keep everything to yourself, I know how it's affecting your mental health"

I nod and pass him the letter, he turns on the lights, reads it, and gets the main focus of its lines in an instant. "That day, Leia was saved. And due to the emergency she faced, she had her heart so much pressurized and damaged so the doctors had to do her heart transplant within a mere couple of days" Neville begins.

"I'm happy for her. She was saved and now she's living a normal life" I say.

Neville nods, "She was fine. But you weren't, Ela" he says.

"What happened to me?" I ask. I'm alive too.

"Doctors advised you to have the VAD device implanted because your condition was not so good and medicines weren't just working," he tells and opens up his laptop, showing me the device which I've clearly no idea about.