Chapter 58| beyond

E L A R A

I draw in a stuttered gasp and my hands fly to my chest when I see Leia's brother hitting Waylon once again on his face.

"Stop! What are you doing!" I shout and step near them. I try to hold his hand and pull it away from Waylon but all of my efforts seem to be useless here in front of this strong man.

It's dark and nobody's here nearby this park to shout for help from.

He shakes his arm and I fall to the ground.

Fuck, I feel the wires connected to my body get detached so harshly causing sharp pain.

"Ela, are you--" Waylon gets another punch which makes him take a step back in my direction.

The colors drain from my face when I watch him pointing a gun at Waylon.

I shake my head, my heart thuds louder, "Please, don't" I let out a shaky breath.

He is just like his appearance. He's a psychotic person.

He scoffs, "Really, Elara? You're trying to save this asshole? He tried to kill my sister, and I'll be killing him now, too. She could have died!" his voice is laced with furious and longing to get Waylon to pay for something which he didn't even do.

"It wasn't W-"
"Elara." Waylon warns me, seeing how deadly all of this is.

"Say, why did you do that?" he lashes out at Waylon.

When Waylon didn't speak a word in the next three seconds, he pulls the trigger in silence which I didn't even realize until Waylon lets out a painful shout, feeling the cold metal grow increasingly heavy with the passing seconds inside his stomach.

I scream. "Waylon" I cry out, "Please don't..."

Speaking into the cold night air, he again let his stony voice makes my heart clench ---"Tell me."

I feel the blood running out of my wounds too, I feel the intolerable pain making its way to my body, but all I do is stumble back and stare at the red blossoming at Waylon's chest.

He breaks down on his knees, "Don't do it, we can---"
"Don't fuck with me" Leia's brother sneers at him irritatingly and I listen to another shout from Waylon.

My breath gets stuck in my lungs realizing what just happened.

He got shot again.

On his shoulder.

"No!" I cry, "Don't do this... please. It wasn't even him who did that to Leia!"

Waylon--- with a breath and a blink of his eyes at me---didn't even see Leia's brother pushing him so hard that he gets his head hit by the rock beside him. Waylon squeezes his eyes shut tight and his groans ring in my ears.

"Waylon-" my lips tremble, whispering his name.

"Hey, what's happening there?!" we hear a shout from a place far away from here. I see two-three people running this way.