Chapter 9| message

E L A R A

The music from the Alexa accompanies me through this morning. It's been one week since I'm living here, I had my fractured hand back to normal a few days ago, and I felt so overwhelmed as those bandages from my body are no more stuck to me.

I can play with Nero to the fullest now.

I had my hair colored dark brown, and I'm feeling like a new person. Like it's all just reconditioned me. And today, three good things happened to me which made me dance like crazy in front of Nero making him scared of me. I don't know how he's now, he just ran away out of my room.

First, I got an email regarding getting enrolled in the AD institute. I'll be going there within around next ten days after submitting the required documents.

Second thing, guess what, I got my dream job! Well, not my dream job, but nothing anything less than that. Today I'm going to have my second day at the bookstore.

Two days ago, the night when I got back to the apartment from meeting Mrs. Harris--the owner of the bookstore, I realized Danica is here with Neville. I had a little doubt if she was his sister Neville was talking about, but the position in which I saw them vanished every single piece of doubt from my mind and heart.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I entered the apartment, I darted at Danica laying all over Neville on the couch, her legs at either side of his torso, her hands playing with his hair and touching his face like she was blind and trying to feel how the heck does he look.

While Neville had his eyes closed, his hands were placed down on the couch with no movement, like he doesn't mind her doing that to him at all. He was freaking enjoying those long hands on his face, those long stilts-like legs around him!

And what I got to know a couple of days ago is that she's nobody but Erin's sister actually.

I open my closet and take out a beautiful top and skirt. I just had a shower and currently, a towel is wrapped around me.

Suddenly a message pop-up in my notification from Neville.

'Happy Birthday'

A soft smile touches my lips, how does he know about that? As I remember only Ara and Darla knew about this. They must have told him. Other things aside, why did I hear him whispering this in my ear from behind as I read his message? I'm literally obsessed with his weird activities.

I reply with a Thank you as I smile stupidly. I can't help myself in that, I curse myself for feeling butterflies in my stomach again as I read his message again and again like an idiot.

He wasn't home last night as they all went to New York for their concert. I didn't tell them about my birthday until their plane landed there, which they weren't very pleased with. All of them video-called me at midnight to wish, while Neville was asleep.

I put on this solemn dress and wait for the cab to arrive that I've booked.

🪐

I imagined a paradise would be a kind of library.

This is a small bookstore along with seating arrangements in which I help patrons all day long. We can call it a small library.