Chapter 27| street 40

E L A R A

His eyes aren't leaving mine, stuck together. It's a scary moment, it's not like I haven't known it, I just have yet to accept that it's something to deal with, until now.

"Are y'all ready? We need to leave for the performance soon" he asks, I let out a sigh seeing how he's ignoring me.

But I really don't give a damn. "Bence, do you want to sit there or you're comfortable standing here?" I point my eyes to the seats near the stage and ask.

"Yeah okay," he says.

"It's time, go and check the arrangements out there once again" Cara enters with a guy beside her, speaking on the call.

She cuts the call and jerks her face up at Erin and Neville in hurry, "All of the back dancers may go on backstage" she says, "And Neville, Erin, and Leo; you guys already know what to do"

Leo walks out before she finishes her sentence like he doesn't care about her instructions, Erin follows behind him too.

The suspended air caught at the top of my throat when I finally realise Neville is standing beside me, his arms folded on his chest, his unreadable expressions scaring me. What's going on in his head? Shouldn't he leave after them too?

He shifts his head down to my ear and whispers, "Don't bend over tonight your dress is short". He doesn't give me a chance to reply and walks out of the place.

I fold my arms on my chest seeing him heading away. No shit.

Bence's eyebrows lifted up eyeing me with curiosity. I roll my eyes when a mischievous smirk touches his lips in order to tease me, he legit thinks I and Neville have still got some romantic aspects left.

"You're Elara Russell, right?" a lady suddenly creeps beside me and asks. She has a flowing green knee-high dress with a pair of string sandals beneath. Her tall, slim, and confident structure is... too much sybarite to say the least.

"Yeah," I say, "I'm sorry I don't remember you"

She smiles, "It's fine. I'm the President at IFG," she says and her eyes travel my body before speaking further, "Have to say you've taken good care of your body"

"Thanks, ma'am. It's the place I have to live my whole life in, of course I had to do that," I say and smile back at her.

She tosses me a quick look before letting out a small laugh, "Smart girl. What do you do for a living?"

"Currently I'm studying fashion designing from AD institute and doing some internships in the same field"

She nods with a small smile on her lips, "I can offer you a better job, I found you very suitable for it actually" she says and takes out a small card from her pocket, offering it to me.

I take it from her, "Meet me tomorrow evening at this address of my office. Have a nice time here" she says and walks away, while I'm standing here in confusion.

Bence suddenly takes the card from me, and reads it, "Khione Hart" he pause in surprise.

"The modeling agent of International Fashion Group!" he exclaims, "She offered you work. You HAVE to go there, Elara, this lady has been an industry mainstay for over two decades, and played a pivotal role in shaping the careers of today's most successful models"

My mouth left opened slightly, listening to him. Did I hear him correctly? That lady found me suitable for modeling?

"But- How do you know her?" I ask.