Chapter 22| chicken nuggets

WARNING-- This chapter can have such content that might be triggering and disturbing for some readers.

🪐

E L A R A

All I did in the last four days was study. I was bored more than ever. Neville never came for breakfast and dinner, he just disappeared.

Ara suddenly urged to live with me in this apartment, which I was glad to accept. We did so much fun on the first day, but then she got a little busy with her work which made us just share the apartment at night and back to work the next morning.

On the other hand, Darla and Erin's date went pretty well. They're still left to get into a relationship officially, which really doesn't matter much as long as they both are happily enjoying their days together.

I throw the soft puffy ball at Nero, he scratches his nose and continues walking around on the floor.

It's morning, I'm waiting for Bence to arrive here near the apartment in his car, he told me he would like to give me a ride to my college.

I'm sitting on my bed all ready to leave. In the meantime, I gather up my mobile and decide to call Neville asking what's up with him. The mobile rings for a long, before he finally picks up, "Neville?"

"Yeah?" he sounds hurriedly.

"How are you?" I ask, I hate how my voice becomes low, soft and kind of weak just after hearing his voice, it's been a couple of days since I hadn't seen him, it feels like forever.

"I'm in practice, Elara, call later. I'm busy" he says.

"Hm" is all I could let out before he cuts the call.

I understand he's a busy person, he has his life, and he has every right to live it in his way. But what I don't understand is why it hurts me when he's away from my daily life? I would be lying if I say I don't miss him being around me.

I miss going to the studio with him and watching him practice giving perfect vocals. I miss hearing him singing to Nero. And especially, I miss making him laugh. I miss his laugh. But he's acting strange lately, just like he used to be when we first met.

"Elara?!" Bence's call makes me come out of my thoughts. I pick up my bag and Nero in my arms, lock the apartment and walk outside.

I look at him grinning just when he sees me coming, "Hey" I say and smile.

"Why did you bring his cat, is this thing allowed in---"
"I'll be leaving him to his caretaker before going to college," I say and roll my eyes.

"Understandable," he says and opens the door of his car for me. Aw.

He starts the car, "Got any idea about those letters?" he asks.

"No," I say, "I didn't try either"

"You didn't ask your friends?"

"No."

🪐

I close the zip of my bag after packing all my books and get up to leave the class, but stop hearing a voice from behind, "Hey!"

I look behind at the guy from yesterday who has been sitting behind me, a smile touches his lips, "Hi" I say and smile too.

"I thought we could walk together out of the class" he says.

He starts to pack his notebook hurriedly while I wait for him standing beside his seat, "So what's your name?" he asks.

"Elara."