Chapter 56| meeting her

E L A R A

Neville's gaze abruptly meets mine and his eyes go wide. And in the next moment, his jaw clenches when he notices Calvin seating in front of me. "You--" he grunts and takes large steps toward us.

I stand up and block Neville's way, "How the fuck you're out of the jail?! How could you fucking touch her-" he decides to let out his madness for Calvin's actions in past but I try to not let him make a scene here.

"What are you doing here with him?!" Neville questions me and I glance up at him with a blank face.

He is questioning me?

I should be the one to ask that.

"Like you are not here with your ex-girlfriend" I clamor and feel my throat gagging while letting out my next words seeing her --- "And that too, pregnant?" my voice becomes small. I remember Venice's words while speaking to the camera.

'I and Neville are kind of sorting things out'

"What the heck is happening here?" Venice exclaims.

I don't want to come to any conclusion, but connecting all these points and seeing the reality is so hard for me to comprehend. That's why Neville was drinking like crazy that day?

"For God's sake, Ela, don't think anything stupid" Neville cups my face.

"Tell... Please tell me this isn't your child" I flounder, placing my hand on his' which is right here on my cheek, "Say you aren't the father" I please him, tears pool in my eyes.

He throws his head back and then looks at me again, staring into my eyes, "Oh God, Ela, you're so stupid, it's nothing like what you're thinking, okay?" he says wiping my tears and I nod.

"Yeah, because the father is Calvin," Venice says, studying Calvin with her dark black eyes which are thickly outlined by the liner.

"You- You and Venice were still together?" I mumble in confusion.

Calvin nods, looking at me through his eyelashes.

"But this asshole is not ready to accept it" Neville grits his teeth.

This is what they both are here for? To discuss this issue? No wonder Neville decided to meet Venice at this point. Calvin runs his hand through his hair, "I'm not fucking ready for a child" he rasps too.

"I beg your pardon?" Venice frowns, "I've already thought of our child's name. The first name would be April and the middle name would be Fools. Like such a douchbag father you're going to be"

"Nobody asked you to fucking reach inside her pants without fucking protection!" Neville hisses, "You both make me feel so fucking sick, we are leaving" he holds my hand and begins to walk out but I don't move.

Neville darts back at me in confusion, "What happened?"

He's confused because he didn't ask me why I'm here with Calvin.

"Calvin has something to tell me," I say and look at Calvin again so that he continues what he was going to tell me.

I'm not leaving without knowing the information he has about Waylon.

"Tell you what?" Neville asks, watching me.

But I don't answer him. I feel my heart thumping fast against my heart, thinking about where Waylon would be.

All this time I've managed my wish to meet him and say everything that I've always wanted to say in the depths of my heart.

"Waylon is dead, Elara," Calvin declares, "He died two years ago"