Chapter 10| helpless

E L A R A

"What such a beautiful chick like you is doing here all alone?" he exclaims, his voice shaky like he's drunk.

He moves near me as a strange voice from behind me stops him, "Leave her"

"She's mine, go away kid," he says, looking at him and giving glares.

"You want to get knocked out?" the unknown person says, his voice young and deep.

The stalker stares at the person standing behind me before escaping away, getting disappeared from my sight. I stand up and look behind at the guy standing, looking at the wound on my forehead shocked. He doesn't say anything.

He has a helmet in one hand, and I can see behind him is a black colored bike. His dark eyes shine through the moonlight, his dark hairs are messy as he must have been wearing a helmet which caused them to look undone.

His eyes wandered around, avoiding eye contact. I decide to break the silence. "Thanks for saving me... what's your name?" I ask, smiling.

"I- I'm Calvin Turner" he hesitates.

"You want me to accompany you to your house?" he asks and I genuinely smile at his offer, that would be so sweet of him.

He takes off his jacket and offers it to me, "Wear it, you'll be comfortable" he offers. Looking at the size of him and mine, I can say this jacket would end up on my thighs.

🪐

"Bye, again thanks for saving me!" I say to Calvin as he left me near the apartment.

I didn't request him to stop in front of the apartment because what I'm observing there happening right now is freaky.

I witness three black-colored cars there, with several men standing in front of the building wearing all black. It doesn't take much of my time to comprehend that this is the armed security I might have a little idea about.

Neville must have arranged them.

"Elara" I hear a girl wearing a formal suit, with short hair call my name and reach out to me. As if she was waiting for me only.

"Daniel! Call him and tell him she's back home safe" she orders one of the guards.

She advised me to wait in the apartment as they called a doctor for the injuries on my forehead and wrist. The girl Neville arranged to take care of Nero left too as I came back here. I'm sitting on this couch for the last one or two hours I don't really have any idea, surrounded by numerous guards, with Nero sleeping on my lap.

The short-haired girl sitting next to me speaking on call is Neville's manager..

Personal manager.

The sleep was getting hard on me sitting on this couch until I see Neville barges into the room suddenly with his cold feet and daggers look. Indubitably, he looks angry, panting like he just hurried here.

I stand up from the couch as he strides near me, folding my arms I watch him about to bite out. His eyes stare deadly at the bandaged wound on my forehead, "Who did this?" he rasp as I jump in fear.

His fists tighten on the sides. I look at Darla, Ara, Erin, and Leo entering the room wearing deluxe clothes. They bundle themselves in the corner of this room as if they can't dare to interrupt.

"Why were you out this late?!" he roars, compelling me to shout back.

But I don't.

"Stop screaming at her, can't you see she's terrified?!" his manager shouts at him and he sighs.