Part 4: I Like You

Chapter warning ⚠️: This chapter contains drinking.

You arrived at parts and service and instantly went for Monty. He was in his service room, laying back in his chair. A tech was next to him, messing with some wires in his arm.

He looked up at you as you walked in. Looking at your outfit. Immediately chuckling to himself and whispering, "Kiss ass," to you.

You cross your arms at him, giving a huge pout.

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore. He hated me."

You sigh out, plopping down in a chair next to him. He looked over at you, causing his arm to jerk. The tech scolded him.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Well, right when I got there, Sunny was bringing a big box of stuff into the daycare. And I scared him, and he dropped it all over the floor..."

"Sunny?"

"Er, that's what a lot of the kids call him."

"Hmm, so you made a mistake, and he hated you for it?" Monty questions.

"I don't know. He was acting strange all day. He'd avoid me, but then I'd catch him staring at me. And the kids didn't help..."

"What did the little scamps do?"

"You know me, I'm popular with the children. So I took away a lot of Sun's attention. And some of the kids started fighting over which animatronic I was dating -"

Monty jumped in his seat from that. Making a choked laughter sound. The tech glared daggers at him.

"OH THIS, I HAVE TO HEAR!"

You grumbled to yourself, looking down at your palms in your lap.

"You remember Ethan? His mom works in the kitchen. Well, he asked if you and I were dating since we're always together..." You value his reaction.

Monty didn't really move,  though. Almost like he was frozen in thought.

"Yeah, and that caused a fight between the children. Some thought I would be better with Sun. It was weird...Anyways, it didn't seem to bother Sun too much. He acted the same as before, awkward and occasionally staring at me. Though there was that moment during hide and seek..."

The animatronic technician was listening in. Though they were used to strange gossip from your little gang.

"Well? What happened!" She demanded. Sealing Monty's arm back up.

"I'm not sure. I was the last one to be found. But when he found m,  he kinda just cornered me and got really close. Maybe he wanted to say something to me. Or maybe he was trying to intimidate me -"

"Or maybe he likes you~" the tech teased.

You gave her a cold look.

"Think about it. You and I are a few of the rare people who treat animatronics like adults and individuals. Maybe he wasn't sure how to interact with you!"

It was a nice theory, sure. But then again, he WAS an animatronic. Was he capable of feeling shy?

"I've noticed from being around Monty constantly. Each animatronic has their own special personality. And they seem to react with emotions. But that's programmed in them, right?"

The tech looks around the room. Like she didn't want anyone around to listen in. She leaned over, next to Monty and you.

"Listen, you can't tell anyone this information. But I have a running theory. These guys are as close to actual ai anyone has gotten."