Part 9: Distraction

Lunch, right you forgot to pack anything. With everything that's happened lately, it was easy to forget. You'd hardly eaten at all since the incident.

You decided to order a pizza from your Fazwatch. The Pizzaplex had a whole delivery system that came right from the basement kitchens.

While waiting for your food, you made sure all the kids got theirs.

Ethan and his friends all sat huddled together at the tables. They were all giggling and whispering amongst themselves.

You got up from the swivel chair behind security to go see what was up. Knowing Ethan, he was probably making plans for the wedding. It was after lunch so it wouldn't be surprising.

You crouch down next to them and listen in.

"Toby, Jordan, and I will all build the wedding arch while Saylor and Raven will set up the seating." Ethan led the conversation.

"I got the wedding playlist on my phone!"

"Your mom let you bring it?"

"No... don't tell her."

"We won't. Oh, and Saylor, you got the paper flowers ready, right?"

"Right!" Saylor cheered out. The children shushed her for being too loud.

"Ok, I'll be the ring bearer. Jordan, you said you got an officiant license online?" Ethan asked one of the older kids in the group.

"Yeah, it's so easy. I just printed it out. And I have the wedding lines too!"

"Wow. You guys got this all planned out." The children all jump in place, turning to look at you.

"Don't scare us like that Y/N!"

"Sorry, sorry."

Sun walks in with the lunch bags. He tilts his head at you and the kids all grouped together.

You get up and offer a hand in handing out meals.

"WHERE'S YOUR LUNCH Y/N?"

"Oh, I ordered a pizza. It should be here soon."

Once finished, Sunny sat down with the rest of the kids. It only took a few minutes for your food to get delivered.

You walk over to the tables, noticing the only seat available for you is right between Ethan and Sun.

Shaking your head at the smiling boy, you sit down and begin eating.

"Y/N. WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT PIZZA?"

"What do you mean, Sunny?" You ask, looking at him while taking a bite of the slice in your hand.

"I HEAR ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME. A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO LOVEE IT! EVEN CHICA."

"Pizza is my favorite!"

Some of the children agreed with him.

"Well... I'm not even close to a food expert, but maybe it's just the specific combination of flavors. Have you ever tried pizza, Sun?"

"NO NEVER! I DON'T TASTE THINGS OFTEN. NO USE WASTING FOOD."

You immediately offer him a bite of your pizza slice. Watching for his reaction with shiny eyes.

"Here, open wide for the pizza train~" You laugh at his hesitation, his pale eyes looking down at the half-eaten slice. Then, to your surprise, he slowly opened his mouth for you.

"Choo choo~" You sing out while bringing the pizza up to his mouth. Since he can't actually eat food, he instead licks it. Afterward, he makes strange faces as he processes the taste.