Part 11: Missing

You explained to him as much as you could. That you had a machine where your heart once was. That the person who caused it is what was keeping it running.

It was hard to find the right words. When every few sentences you'd run into a dead end and your head would be in agonizing pain.

Moon seemed to struggle to sit still next to you. He would instinctively reach out to you when you winced or held your head.

"You don't have to say more. I think I understand."

You smile at him. It felt nice to finally share this burden with someone else.

"We will find a solution for this, together. You won't die. I promise, Firefly." Moon comforts, brushing a few stray hairs off your forehead.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"It's been a big day. Try and get some rest. I should go to our recharge station."

You blink up at him, quickly checking your Fazwatch for the time. It was already close to 12.

"Ah! I should get to my dorm!"

Moon glares, softly pushing you to the bed.

"Stay here."

"But Moon, the rules - I don't have clean clothes here or my shower." You struggle to sit up only to be pushed back to the mattress. Sighing out in frustration at the stubborn robot.

"Go in the morning."

The two of you glare at each other.

"You're not gonna stay, are you?"

"Jeeze, where'd you get that idea? As you force me down on your bed!-" You try to remain serious but end up in a fit of laughter.

"You ran right into that one." Moon brings a hand up to his head like a disappointed adult. "I can't stay here all night playing these games, Starlight. What will convince you to sleep here?"

You give a big shrug at the exhausted-looking animatronic. "...would it be too much to ask you to stay until I fall asleep?"

Moon seems taken aback by your question. Without saying a word, he lies down. A smirk played on the corner of his lips.

"I'm surrounded by children." He jeers through a low chuckle.

You cautiously lie down next to him. Rolling your eyes at his rude comment. "And I'm stuck next to an old man."

"That's right, don't forget it Y/N." He hums in agreement. Placing a hand against your upper back. His palm moving in slow circles.

Your hands rest against Moon's chest. Focusing on the quiet hums of the generator. The rhythmic rise and fall of the animatronic's chest. The artificial breaths tickle your nose.

You don't even remember when it happens, but you drift into a peaceful sleep.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Moon's POV:

There lay the sleeping Y/N, pressed close against Moon's frame. He stayed still next to them. Studying even the smallest movement.

A low battery warning flashed in his Hud.

'Moon, we need to charge!'

Moon scowled at Sun's sudden presence.

'Moon? I know you can hear me! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! -'

Hissing under his breath. The large animatronic slid away as carefully as possible. Getting up from the mattress, making sure Y/N was still asleep. Sun still yelling in their head.