Part 5: Gator Down

It took nearly all day to get over your hangover. Lucky for you, you had off today.

You had mostly stayed in bed all day, catching up on shows.

But you hadn't heard from Monty on your Fazwatch all day. And it seemed weird to you. So you decided to get dressed and head to his room.

Making your way through the staff halls. It only took you a minute or so to make it to Rockstar Row.

It was quiet, the four main animatronics still off today. The whole Pizzaplex was shut down for scheduled maintenance.

You walk up to Monty's iconic green door. Knocking lightly before peeking inside.

It was dark. There was no sign of Monty. Maybe he was in his recharge station in the back.

You walk through his messy room into the backroom. There was no sign of him there either.

You decide to call security on your Fazwatch. He was most likely roaming around the building somewhere.

"Hey, I don't mean to bug you, but do you happen to know where Monty is?"

"Y/N, you didn't hear? Montys down in parts and service... he's been decommissioned."

That word sent a spike of ice through your core. You rushed into Monty's elevator, button-mashing it as the doors began to close.

Tears started flowing from your eyes as you paced the small box. Wishing desperately for it to move faster.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, you bolted out and down the steps. You don't even remember breathing all this time. Your eyes dart from one place to the next until you spot him.

Monty was lying there in the main safety cylinder. What was left of him, at least. His arms and legs were pretty much gone.

Techs were rushing around the place. It was pure chaos.

You slowly walked up to the cylinder, placing your hands on the glass. Sobbing at what you saw in front of you.

The tech who you talked with yesterday shook your shoulder for attention.

"Y/N? Hey, everything's gonna be ok. Monty is fine. Nothing important was damaged in the accident. We're all working hard to fix him up."

"You're...putting him back together... right?" You sniffle out.

"Mhm! He will be good as new, hopefully by the end of the week. I promise, it's not gonna be like Bonnie."

The tech grabbed one of your hands, trying her best to comfort you.

"How about I keep you updated on your Fazwatch. Here, see, I just sent you a message. It will be under Joyce."

Your Fazwatch buzzed, you look down at it and see a message from Joyce. It simply says, 'Everything is going to be alright.'

"Can I go talk to him?"

"Afraid not, he's not responsive at the moment. Helps us get this done faster. Think of it like anesthesia."

You slowly nodded, but you barely processed what she said.

"You'll probably be off for a week, huh? You should ask corporate if there's anything you can do right now. Keep your mind off of it."

The idea of being alone with your thoughts for a week sounded horrible.

"Thanks."

"Hey, it's not a problem at all. I've been listening to your gossip for a year now. Gotta pay you back for all the tea. But, you'd better get going. We have a lot of work to do down here."