Chapter 43 • Whiskey & Whiskin'

╰┈➤  WHISKEY & WHISKIN'

➛ With his eyes locked on me, he downed his third shot of the night, he smashed the shot down on the counter, his eyes not leaving mine once.

I scoffed under my breath to myself, getting annoyed with him for drinking. "Well.." my mother trailed out, walking into the kitchen to see me across the room from Stephen. Daggers shooting back and forth between us, while I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall. My moms eyes then diverted to Stephen, who was leaning back against the kitchen counter, one hand in his pocket, the other hand wrapped around a glass of whiskey as we both were passing each other seething glares.

She barely could set her glass down without sending herself to the side of the counter with a stumble and drunk giggle, my attention quickly turning to my mom.

"I think I'm going to go lay down for a second-," she cut herself off, looking over to Stephen who's eyes didn't dare leave mine.

"Stephen." She sighed out and pointed a finger at me, "oh dear, please stay the night, as a mother I can't let you leave like this." She let out, finally making Stephen look towards her, going wide as my mouth dropped in complete udder belief.

No, no, no. He can get an Uber, but I sure as well didn't want this cheater in my house, especially sleeping in my room.

"I appreciate it. Thank you, Diane." He grinned, giving me a slight smirk across from the room, like he has just won gold.

"No problem, we'll I'll see you two in the morning." My mom gave out a tiring smile before turning around and stumbling her way into her room.

I was pissed, perhaps he could see it as he turned to me with a pleasing stare. "Janie-," Stephen went to start, but I cut him off with a groan, not buying his shit at all.

"Can't you just get an Uber?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You heard your mom." He furrowed his eyebrows with a pleasing look on his face.

I shook my head annoyed, "whatever, do as you please. Just leave me alone tonight."

I quickly began making my up the stairs to my bedroom before he could catch up to me and say something.

Entering my room, thinking I was in the clear, he slammed the door shut behind me, gripping my wrist tightly, forcing me to turn towards him.

"Janie. You know I can't do that." He muttered out between his lips.

"Your gonna have to." I spat back, attempting to slither out of his hold, only for it to become tighter.

"We're going to talk about this. Now." He narrowed his eyes down at me, the angry facade leaving his face.

"I'm fucking sick of this childish miscommunication shit. Aren't you, Adair?" He finally let go of my wrists, staring me down..

"I didn't know there could be "miscommunication" over cheating." I raised my hands up to give quotation marks.