Chapter 28 • Mood Swings

"Do I know you?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, making him look to the side with a light laugh leaving his crooked lips.

"I'm guessing Charlotte didn't tell you who I am?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow in confusion, making me shake my head in response.

"Ah.. makes sense. Of course. She probably forgot. Well she told me how good you are with kids and well I was wondering if you could help me out? I'm willing to pay," he confessed, making me gulp down the lump in my dry throat.

"Uh.. help you out with what?" I questioned, wanting to know the full details in everything. "My nephew.. he has a really hard time reading and on certain subjects, so like a tutor. Charlotte told me how patient you were and my nephew really needs that. I'm willing to pay good money too," he admitted with a small smile.

I took a deep breath and slowly nodded, "okay.. I'll take it into consideration-," I went on, him interrupting my words, "should I give you my number then?"

I nodded my head, "sure." He pulled out his wallet, before he handed me a modern gray business card. "Here's my work number. You can call there once you figure out if you'd like to or not. A girl will probably answer and if she tells you to schedule an appointment just tell her your name," he cockily smiled to me, making me slowly nod my head.

As he went to turn around, I quickly interrupted him, "if I do end up wanting to.. when would you want me to start?" I asked, looking at the counter before I heard him stop, making me quickly glance up at him to see his back towards me.

"As soon as possible," he admitted, before he added, "have a nice day, Janie." I went to say "you too," but cut myself off as he quickly left. My eyes followed to the sports car parked right in front. Basic car. I heard his engine loudly roar as he drove off, making me bite the inside of my cheeks with a sigh as I looked down, my eyes meeting the card on the wood counter.

I grabbed it and slid it into my pocket. I wasn't sure if I'd even call him back. Besides how does Charlotte even know that guy? I also wasn't sure Stephen would be okay with me doing it, well.. maybe he would be if I told him. Maybe when I see him later I'll tell him about it and see what his opinion is on it. I heard the backdoor slam shut, making me snap my head back to Charlotte who came in red eyed.

No phone call I'm guessing.. I didn't mind if she went out there to smoke, I just wish she would just tell me that's what she was doing. I opened my mouth, going to question about the guy Greyson that just walked in, which by the way.. his name sounded oddly familiar, but I couldn't think of where I swear I've heard it, along with I've also swear I've seen him around.. then again this is Sacramento. Everyone knows everyone here.

Along with the fact he also looks like he's rich, well he has to be to own that car. So then again I've probably seen him in the papers and that would explain where I've seen his name. But what's Charlotte doing hanging around him? Unless Luna knows him, since she sort of knows a lot of guys like that because she does work with Stephen.. "Do you-," I went to go on with asking about that Greyson guy, but she cut me off.

"It's raining..." she trailed off, coming beside me to grab something, my eyes following her hand that reached for her book.

"It is?" I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. She nodded her head vigorously in response, pointing to the window. I followed her hand, my eyes meeting outside to see the little bit of rain beginning to fall. I smiled wide and clapped my hands together.

"Yay! We can work in the rain!" I laughed, making her smile. "Would you watch the store while I ran to the coffee shop across the street to get us some? I'll pay.." she offered.