Chapter 17 • Good Girl

My eyes widened at what he just accused me of. "I-Stephen.. how do you know about that?" I questioned, stopping in my tracks as fear took over my entire body. "I have my sources," he stated, making me look down at my feet.

"No, Stephen. I'm serious, how do you know?" I asked again, pleading for him to tell me, meanwhile he just scoffed, "don't worry about it."

"Don't worry about it?!" I repeated his words, now getting angry at him. "Whatever, I don't need you to come get me anymore, I'll just walk," I bellowed, going to hang up but before I did I heard him groaned.

He sarcastically snickered, "oh no, I'll come get you alright-," he went to continue on, but I cut him off, tired of him and his voice. This is what I get for being excited and getting my hopes up. "Don't worry about it," I mocked, hanging up on him. Asshole.

I went to put my phone away, but surprisingly the asshole called back, which I declined, so then he called back again, with me doing the same thing again, till he called me for the third time. Was he going to stop calling or what? I rolled my eyes and bit the inside of my cheek, angry at him but I was getting more upset at the fact he wouldn't stop calling so I groaned, finally answering, "what do you want?"

"Stay there, I'm on my way," he demanded, as if I was going to obey him like a puppy. "I'm sorry, but I don't feel like sitting here and waiting for you, so I'll have to pass-," I grunted, getting interrupted by him.

"Lucky for you, I'm just around the corner at my gym. I'll see you soon," he stated, before hanging up on me, leaving me to try and fight my way out of this, but instead I put my phone into the pocket of my jeans. Why couldn't I of just declined him when he asked to take me to dinner since I "owed him" for hitting him with a book, which now I'm glad I did, even though it was an accident, he deserved it.

I admitted it to myself that I was actually excited to see him, to even hang out with him for a split second on the way to my house and look how it turned out? He didn't show, just like my dad. He didn't even bother to let me know which was exactly like him as well. I sighed and looked down at my feet. The worlds always against me, especially when I start to feel like I could potentially be getting happy.

But once again, my happiness shouldn't depend on someone else. I'm just plain stupid because after all this, I'm still letting him come pick me up and take me home. I hated myself more than I hated the fact he didn't show. I hung my head low as I tried to hide the small frown that had meaning to make it's way to my lips ever since I was born. Sometimes I just wish that I was never born, or actually all the time because happiness never lasts long.

At the sound of a car driving, I picked my head up and met my eyes with Stephen's expensive black car. I sighed, as he pulled up. My eyes met the side of his face, meanwhile he stared straight ahead, not even bothering to glance at me for a second. I huffed, before I walked over to the other side of the car, opening the unlocked door and getting in.

I shut the door, seeing he waited for me to put my seatbelt on before he drove off, so of course I quickly buckled myself in, desperate to get home faster. I continued to stare at him as he drove off, waiting for him to say something, even if it was about me staring at him, or even just give me one simple glance, but nope, nothing. Of course, I stifled a mixture of a sarcastic laugh and huff under my breath as I turned to stare out of the passenger side window.

"Isn't twenty-three a little too old for you anyways?" He stated so calmly, making me glance over to him to see his body told me he was anything but calm. His jaw was clenched and his hand was stressfully tangled in his disheveled, wet hair which confused me on how it was wet, which made me look down to see that he was wearing.. workout attire. The white top he wore, tightly wrapped around his muscles perfectly, showing off his tattoos in the process, which made me peer away and clear my throat.