Chapter 44 • Blacked out.

╰┈➤

╰┈➤

"Are you sure I can't come get you after work?" He lifted a brow towards me, leaning on the top of his hood.

"No, I have to be there for Sammy. Remember?" I questioned, feeling bad and cupping his face with my hand. He placed his hand on my lower back, pulling me towards him.

"I'm really gonna hate not waking up next you." He expressed, a bittersweet look plastered on his face.

"You'll see me in the morning and I can even FaceTime you tonight, besides, you need to get work done." I demanded, pulling my hand away to point my finger into his chest.

He grabbed my hand and placed it towards his cheek, "you know she can come over to our house."

With a smile and a tilted head, I responded, "our house, hmm?"

"Mhm." He hummed, licking his lips, "come on, what do you say?"

"I say.." trailing off, "get some work done and I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

He huffed out at my words, throwing his head back and groaning. I truly believed he was over exaggerating on missing me heavily.

I pressed a kiss on his cheek, before stepping back to say goodbye, only for him to hook onto the belt loops of my jeans, pulling me back towards him.

"You can't just tell me you'll see me tomorrow and expect me just to get a kiss on the cheek, do you?" He teased me, pulling his fingers into my hair.

"Stephen.." I whispered out, looking around, "people-," I went to go on, getting cut off.

"Let them see, my sweet girl.." he trailed out, a gulp leaving my lips with a hesitant breath.

His thumb tracing the bare skin of my lips, he licked his lips causing my attention to differ to his lips before I fully gave in with a beg, "kiss me, please."

He chuckled at my desperation, pulling me into him and pressing his lips onto mine. My entire body froze under his touch, being so close to him that I couldn't feel my legs anymore or the fact we were in public, as if he was the only thing in this world, or the feeling of anxiety fleeting. All I wanted was him.

His hand slid up into my hair slowly, his lips softer than anything I've ever known, soft like a pillow or like biting right into cotton candy, melting right into me, being absolutely absorbed into his sweetness, that was so effortlessly sweet that once our lips left each other I was begging for more, his taste still left on my tongue.

Pulling back, my eyes were kept shut, unable to open my eyes for a few moments, my lips parting, as he kept me close with his hand on the back of my head. His lips brushed up against mine, feeling a smile plastering against my lips.

His lips still faintly on mine, practically brushing up against mine. "You sure you have to go?" He muttered out into my lips.

I sighed, opening my eyes to a devious grin on his face. "You know, I have to," I bit my bottom lip, whispering out, "but I wish I didn't."