Chapter 14 • Forbidden Jealously

I watched as my words made him raise his eyebrows, surprised by what I had just asked, before a grin widened onto his lips. "Yeah?" He asked, making sure I meant it. I pressed my lips together, trying to hold back the huge smile that wanted to appear as I vigorously nodded my head.

"Show me those poems then," he demanded, making me turn my back to him. The huge smile I desperately tried to hide, finally appeared as I unlocked the door. I realized how much of a mistake I made once I pushed the door open. It was a foolish and spur of the moment kind of thing, cause if my mother gets home she'll be enraged.

I gulped as I stared at the empty wine bottle and whatever that almost empty bottle that was still here of what Pamela brought over that night. I welcomed him in with an awkward smile that hid behind my fear as I pushed aside, letting him in.

I watched as he stared at the few bottles on the coffee table as I shut the door behind me. "I'm sorry, please ignore the mess. She just gets busy with work and stuff and I guess I could clean up once in awhile," I nervously rambled on with a anxious laugh as I walked beside him, picking up the bottles.

"Oh no, it's okay. You really don't need to apologize," he kindly spoke as he looked around my house. I set the bottles on the counter, leaving them there for now as I turned around being met with him staring at the pictures my mother had set up.

"Oh my," he chuckled, making me shake my head in embarrassment as I walked over to him, peeking at the picture he was looking at. "Oh no, please don't look at that," I begged, trying to take the picture from his hands, making him turn to me, a smile displayed on his lips as he gripped onto the picture tighter.

"Aw, why not? You look so cute, especially with those cute, chubby cheeks of yours that you still have," he grabbed my cheek with his free hand, as the other stayed on the picture. I gasped at his words as he continued to pinch my face, I shook my head, looking down embarrassed at his comment on my face that I was insecure about.

I didn't have a skinny face, instead I had a baby face with barely any sign of a jawline unlike other girls. Maybe he sensed I was insecure because he leaned in and whispered, "they're sexy, Janie and what I like about you," he gave me a grin, making me glance into his eyes for a split second, his thumb slowly tracing back and fourth on my cheek.

I could feel my face get hot, which is the reason I tried to change the subject as I went to grab the photo from his hands again, but he didn't budge. "How would you like it if I seen pictures of you as a child, huh?" I cocked an eyebrow at him as his hand pinched my cheek one last time before it left my face.

"You aren't seeing them, so it doesn't matter," he apathetically said, as he set down the picture before he turned his back to me, about to go upstairs.

"Uh, uh. I'll get them somehow just watch," I threatened making him turn to me and lick his bottom lip, "I'd like to see you try," he smirked, raising his eyebrows at me before he went up the stairs.

"I accept this challenge. But hey, where are you going!" I quickly followed him upstairs, making him turn to me. "Which one's your room?" He asked me, making me confused at how he knew my bedroom was upstairs.

"How'd you know my bedroom's upstairs?" I questioned, making him turn his back to me as he began walking down the hall to guess which one was mine as he admitted, "I just know you that well that I know you'd pick the upstairs bedroom."

I rolled my eyes at him as he opened a door to see it wasn't my room, so I slid past him, opening my bedroom door and turning my lights on, quickly realizing there was a jacket on my floor that has been there for awhile as I couldn't find any motivation to pick it up.