Not a secret anymore

(It's basically the one where you like Camilo, but never told anyone about it. Even your bestie, Mirabel doesn't know. Or at least you thought.)

Casita opened its doors, as a girl walked in with energetic steps. Mirabel literally jumped out of her seat, and slid down the stairs.
"Y/n!!!" She yelled, as she hugged her best friend in excitement. "I've got everything. Mama said we can use the kitchen, she trusts us"
"It wasn't a good idea from her" the girl laughed, so did Mirabel.
"Just don't burn the house down" she said and led themselves into the kitchen.

They baked some cookies, while talking about anything and everything. Family, singing, magic, boys... Boys.
"Sooo... Y/n. How about the boys, huh?" Mirabel asked, furrowing her eyebrows.
"Nothing. No boys noticing me" she answered looking down at her hands, working on the dough.
"Don't tell me. Are they blind?" the girl said. They laughed a bit.

Mirabel was still chuckling, when Y/n noticed a certain curly haired shapeshifter playing with his little brother. She stared at the duo, mostly at Camilo. Her hands stopped their movement, as she smiled at the sight of that handsome boy being so kind. And her bestie noticed this.
"Umm... Y/n? Are you there?" Mirabel asked, looking at her face, and then at Camilo. She crossed her arms, grinning. "I caught you"
"What?" that was the answer.
"You're obviously staring at my primo" her grin grew wider with every single word. "Do you like him?"

"I- I don't know what are you talking about" Y/n said, her face going pink.
"Oh, bestie. No worries, I can keep secrets. I just can't believe it. Camilo? Why?"
"Quiet!" she whisper-shouted, and sighed. "Because... Ah, you know that. He is so adorable, and gentle. Kind and funny, always looking happy. I like how he is joking around, and making others happy. And yeah, he is sad sometimes, but he's still cute and handsome" as she spoke, her cheeks went red, and when she finished she rapidly put her hands on her mouth.

"Wow..." Mirabel blinked at this sudden outburst. She remembered the evenings when Camilo asked her about Y/n saying she's a pretty girl, and then added: "He likes you too"
"Really?" Y/n's cheeks were now a dark shade of red, looking at the boy they were talking about. He saw the girls and waved at her shyly smiling. She smiled and waved back, still red.
"It seems like a yes" Mirabel said, getting back to the cookies. Y/n turned back as well, still smiling with a bit of embarrassment.

Well, the cookies got to be eatable but not that good. You still needed to practice this baking thing. But that day you learned something very important. And that was the fact, that Camilo likes you. It's not all hopeless.