Singer

(Hi! I'm feeling very nervous. We're gonna have a German exam next week. As a hungarian who loves English, I will probably suck at this exam. I have to study a lot. Also, I will take a break from writing. Maybe 1-2 week[s]. But I'm not ending this book!
Anyway, enjoy this oneshot, my lovelies.)

Y/n's pov:

The summer in the town of Encanto means the dancing and singing competition is coming. There's a list on the main square, where people can write their names if they want to participate. And guess what, my enemies signed me up on that list. I have to sing in front of everyone. I picked a song that sounds really good if I sing it right. (I'm gonna use "Middle of the night" from Elley Duhé. If you don't like it, find another one, and replace the lines.) I practiced a lot, you can't imagine. But my fool self can't go on that stage.

One more hour and the thing begins. I'm about the 10th, so I will have time to take notes in my head. What to do, and what to say? It's confusing. I've never been on a thing like this.

I calmed myself down like a thousand times before, but I always stress. And the worst part is that even Camilo couldn't get me to be calmer.

Time flew by, and my name was called. I took little steps, and tried to at least look calm. Spoiler alert: It didn't work.
I faced the crowd, and immediately saw Camilo. He was in front of me, in the first row. He gave me a smile what helped my bravery come back a bit.
The music started, and I focused on the lyrics. A deep breath in, and imagine that it's just Camilo listening. Yeah, it's going to work. Okay.

I closed my eyes, and then started the song.
"I summoned you..." I opened my eyes to meet Camilo's gaze. I wanted him to know, it's only for him. "Please come to me"

I became stronger with every word I said, soon moving with my song. The crowd watched curiously, and I saw Camilo's face lighten up as I became more and more brave.
I made a sudden decision, and stretched my arm out for him, never missing the lyrics.
"All night long, 'till morning comes"

His eyes widened, and I smiled. He's afraid too. But if I suck, he will do it too. "I'm getting what is mine"
He grabbed my hand, and I pulled him up to the stage.

When the lyrics had a little break, I whispered in his ear.
"You're helping me now"
He just nodded, and showed me a grin. "Then win" he agreed.
As I continued the song I turned away, but then back to face him. For a while I sang as if I would explain something to him. But then I stepped closer.

He grabbed my waist while I placed my hands on his shoulders.
"'Cause i know this, 'cause I know this sound"
As the beat dropped, he lifted me up in the air, and turned a half circle with me. When he placed me down, I scooted away from him again, making my own improvised dance.

And now I wanted to sing it really to Camilo, and only him. I stepped in front of him again, while the music played without a word.
I placed my left hand on his shoulder again, but my right hand caressed his face. "Just call on me... Just call my name" He whispered the lyrics too.
I stroke a curl behind his ear, looking deep in his eyes. "Lie with me in..."

"In the middle of the night..."

He spun me around, and I smiled wide. He continued to spin and twirl me around, while I still sang. Smiling bright, living my dream. He gave me power and bravery, he helped me fight my fear.
When the song ended, I was somehow in his arms. He was hugging me from behind, and I leaned my head on his chest.

As soon as the last note disappeared, the silence broke with a thunder of applause. I only realised there and then, that we were still on a stage in front of everyone. My whole face went red, as my heart pounded fast and my breaths were quick. Everyone applauded, except for those sluts, who signed me up. Ha, ha. This is for you bitches.

I felt Camilo's embrace loosening around me, and saw his hand stretched out towards mine. I took it, and we walked down from the stage hand in hand.

(Hope you liked it! Have a good day/night everyone! Also, see you in a week or two. Until then, stay healthy and happy! Bye!)