Souls (P) [part 3/4]

Y/n's pov:

We stood there facing each other, as a gust of wind blew across our hair. I sighed, turning away from him.
"You can think what you want" I started. "It will sound weird"
I heard footsteps once again. He stepped beside me to look in my eyes.
"So I have a gift too..."

"They told me you don't" he murmured. I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed as he continued. "But they also told me that you don't speak, so I guess all was a lie" he smiled. His words made me giggle a bit, and I spoke smiling.
"I have the power of seeing dead souls. I can see and hear them" I explained.

An awkward silence filled the air, and I waited with a nervous fidgeting. He will think I've gone insane.
"So..." he tried to process the information. "You see ghosts"
"I don't like to call them ghosts. But yeah. I'm like a gate between this world and the one after death" I looked in his eyes. He was silent for a minute. What could he think?
"That means..." he thought for a second "...that you were talking to a soul?"
"Yes. My best friend, Leila" I nodded, glancing at the mentioned girl.

Camilo's pov:

She looked away. Why? Oh, maybe she looks at that Leila. It's weird. This whole situation is weird. And Y/n is weird too, but in a way that I like. She is interesting.

She turned back to me. I have to ask that question.
"Did you look at her?" I tilted my head.
"Yes" she admitted. "Oh, she said hi. But of course you can't hear it"
"Well, hi Leila" I greeted the soul, and glanced at the place where Y/n looked a minute ago. This is the most unbelievable and weird thing that I ever experienced.

I must have made a funny face, because Y/n started laughing. She has a gentle, joyful laugh, one that melts someone's heart.

Y/n's pov:

He looked at Leila with a confused face. He was so cute as he tried to communicate with her, I had to laugh.
Leila chuckled along with me, as Camilo looked at me.
"What?" he asked.

Camilo's pov:

I really didn't understand why she laughed at me.
"You are cute" she smiled. I'm cute? I couldn't help, but feel my cheeks warming up. Shit. That's not good. Why does she have to be so sweet? It's not fair. I wasn't prepared for this.
"You're blushing" she smirked, and I covered my face in my hands with a groan. I heard her chuckle again, and she stepped closer to me.
I felt her hand on mine, gently pulling it down.
"No need to be upset about this" she smiled, and lightly squeezed my hand before letting go. My face was now surely a deep shade of red.
"Why-Why am I cute?" I stuttered.

"Because you don't say I'm crazy, you don't leave me, thinking I'm on drugs, instead you try to be kind with me. You try to talk with Leila, and you try to understand this all. And the way you do it is just simply adorable" she rambled, with sadness in her eyes.
"The others... They leave you?" I asked, afraid that I might hurt her with questions like this.
"They do" she gulped with quivering lips. But then she brightened up. "But you don't. And you won't, will you?" she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"I won't" I swore. "If I can be your friend" I let a smile make its way to my face.
"Oh, this suddenly?" she acted surprised.
"It will do it first" I said, unaware of the meaning of my sentence. When I got it, I shut my mouth and reddened a bit.
"You!" she shouted, blushing too. "Such a flirt already?"
"No-I mean, only if you like it" I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.
"Well" she rocked on her feet "I like it"
Now we were like two tomatoes. Red. Very red. Damn, I only wanted to know her, I didn't expect this all! But I don't complain, I like her.

Y/n's pov:

We stared at each other for some seconds before both of us burst out laughing. It took us a minute to calm down from the joy, and get back our usual color.
"So, friends?" he held out his hand.
"Friends" I shook hands with him.
I heard clapping from behind me, and turned around, only to see Leila sitting on the grass and clapping.

"You've made a friend!" she cheered. "I'm glad to see this"
"Leila, I'm sorry, I totally forgot about you" I apologized. She just stood up, and smiled reassuringly.
"You experienced it once, now we are even" she grinned.
"If you say so" I replied.
"Can I join the conversation?" she questioned.
"You sure? I will have to translate for him" I pointed at the boy.
"If it's not much trouble, then yes" Leila said.
I turned to Camilo.
"I'm curious about that Leila" he stated.
"Okay" I agreed to both of them.

We talked for a long time, it was charming. I spoke in Leila's name too, and we enjoyed the speech.
After an hour or something we started our way back into the town. On the way we continued talking, until something came into Camilo's mind.
"Can you talk to any dead souls?" he asked as if a lightbulb had been lighted above his head.
"Of course, why?" I answered.
"Then you could talk to mi abuelo" he gasped. I did the same, knowing the story of the family. They've never seen their grandfather.
"What's his name?" I felt my veins fill with excitement. They told me before, but I forgot.
"Pedro Madrigal" he told me.

"Leila, you know what to do" I turned to my bestie.
"One minute" she said, and disappeared.
"One minute" I repeated to Camilo.
"Wow" he sighed, stopping walking.
A minute passed by, and Leila really came back with a young man.

"Why we came here?" he asked.
Leila pointed at me, and then Camilo.
"Pedro Madrigal?" I questioned the man, and Camilo suddenly looked at me.
"Ah, you're the girl everyone's talking about" he recognized me, speaking kindly.
"Yes, she is" my bestie nodded. "And the boy is your grandson"
The man's mouth fell agape as he stared at the teen in front of him.

I turned to Camilo.
"He's here" I smiled. He nodded.
"Uhm, wherever you are..." he looked in the direction I looked in when I glanced at the souls. "hi abuelo" He waved with a shy face. My smile grew wider, seeing the cute, shy boy and the surprised man.
"He is Camilo Madrigal" I told Pedro. "And he is your grandson. The middle child of Pepa, and the town's kind and happy clown"
I saw Camilo roll his eyes.

"How- Why did you call for me?" he asked, amused in the sight of his grandson.
"It was his idea" I shrugged. Pedro smiled sweetly, and I saw a tear appear in his eyes. A happy tear. He finally saw a part of his family after fifty years.

"I'll leave you alone now" Leila patted the man's shoulder, and I nodded. She left, and Pedro spoke.
"Tell him I love him"
"Hey, Camilo" I brought the boy's attention to me. "Pedro says he loves you"
"I love him too" he whispered.

We continued our way back down, still being three, but now Pedro instead of Leila. We explained everything about the Madrigal family to the man, and he listened as if his life would depend on it. He was kind and happy, and when we got back to the edge of the town, he said goodbye.
We did too, and when I was about to turn around and walk home, Camilo hugged me with tears in his eyes.
"Thank you" he whispered, holding me tight. "Thank you for everything"
"It was nothing from me" I hugged back, rubbing his back reassuringly.
"But it meant a lot to me" he pulled away, wiping his tears with a smile.

"Camilo, dinner is ready!" we heard Alma Madrigal call, and when I looked at the woman, she sent me a hateful glare. Heh, another hater.
"See you tomorrow ghostie. I guess" Camilo said.
"See you too, chameleon" i replied, and we parted ways to have dinner with our own families.

(Hi! I don't know what to say. I loved this one so much, if I would have the energy and time I would surely write a whole, long story of this. I hope you liked it too, and a million thanks to Starzxx128 for this amazing plot!! [Well, it contains my own ideas too, but the main plot was her idea]
I can see the Encanto fandom fading, but I won't stop writing, because I do this to my own joy, and of course, yours. It's my birthday soon, so I will write a special birthday oneshot soon.
Have a wonderful day/night y'all!)