Souls (P) [part 4/4]

(Hi! Originally this story would end at the 3rd part's end, but kawaicookie5627 told me to continue, and I had the same idea too, so let's write a 4th part!)

Camilo's pov:

We sat at the dinner table, and I noticed Dolores being nervous. I didn't mind her, she must have heard something, she will tell it if it's important.
I ate peacefully, until she suddenly but quietly announced:
"Camilo was with Y/n today, and he knows now a lot about her"
Oh, yes. Nearly all people from the family wants to know something about her. She's been mysterious ever since they moved here.
"And what does he know?" my mom asked Dolores, ignoring the fact that I'm there too.
"I didn't listen much, it's not my business. I just heard that they were together for, like three hours" she shrugged.

"Really?" Mirabel asked me excitedly.
"Yes" I agreed. I have to try and make them like her. She's like an angel that no one sees. It's time for her to shine.
"And what is she like?" Isabella was curious, but in a kind way. It's rare.
"She actually talks" I started, looking at Abuela. "She is kind, and funny. She cares about others, maybe more than herself. And she said that no one wants to be with her. Everyone avoids her, because of her power. And yes, she has one" now I glared at Abuela for a moment.
"What power she has?" Antonio asked in his cute baby voice. His eyes shined with curiosity.
"She can see the dead souls. I would call them ghosts, but she said they aren't like what we imagine about ghosts" I explained. Eleven pair of shocked eyes met mine, and I could fully understand them. It was shocking for me too, first.

"It seems like you lied to us, Mami" my mom turned to Abuela.
"I swear I didn't know anything about the girl" she defended herself.
"Then why did you say such things?" I asked.
"I don't know, I was a fool. But now we know the truth" she tried to change the subject back to Y/n.
"It was so rude from you" Luisa joined the conversation.
"Poor girl felt bad because of you" Isabella glared at Abuela. "You have to apologize to her. You made her sad and lonely on her first day here"
Abuela looked like she regretted what she did. She better does, Y/n didn't deserve any bad things at all. She received enough of that in her past years.

"Could you ask her to come over tomorrow? Maybe she doesn't want to come but please just try" she pleaded.
"I will, Abuela" I promised.

Y/n's pov:

Next day I woke up early. I couldn't get that boy out of my head. Camilo. He is the first person ever to look at me like a normal girl and not just an outcast.
Speak of the devil...

I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to reveal non other than Camilo. I smiled, inviting him in.
"Camilo, good morning! Come in, if you want to"
"Good morning to you too, Y/n" he stepped inside. "I just wandered... No, actually my Abuela told me to invite you over to Casita. Just... She knows you may don't want to go there again, but I told her about you more and she wants to talk with you" he smiled. A hoping smile.
"Uhm, okay" I answered "Now?"
"If you have time" he suggested.
"I have, chameleon" I smiled.
"Hey, who allowed you to call me like that, ghostie?" he joked.
"Let me think... Me" I replied.
We both laughed a bit as we walked out of our house.

When we got to the Madrigal house, its doors opened by themselves. I was met with a food carrier Julietta.
"Oh, Y/n. You came! Come in, give me a second, we'll get the family" she greeted, and some seconds later we walked into a living room where all the other Madrigals waited.
"Y/n!" I heard Alma call. "I'm so sorry about what I did!"
"What did you do, Señora?" I asked.
"I told my family that you don't speak and you don't have a gift. I was stupid for doing so. I made them make you feel bad, I'm so sorry for doing it" she rambled.
"You did all that?" My eyes widened.
"Yes, they aren't rude naturally. They are kind, but I made them bad. It's my fault. I regretted it a thousand times since then. Please forgive me, Y/n dear" she pleaded.
"I don't know, Señora..." I thought. She made my first day a nightmare. She forced her family to be unlike themselves. "You know what? I'm gonna say that Camilo payed for you with his kindness"
Everyone stared at me confused, and the mentioned boy blushed.

"I don't understand why you did this, and you better know that I will never forget, and I can't forgive you yet, but your grandson made me happy, and that's enough for me to say I'm not mad at you" I continued.
There was a minute of silence after my speech.

"Thank you so much, Y/n" Alma thanked.
"Thank Camilo. If he wasn't so kind yesterday, I would have said no" I told the truth.
"Thank you Camilo for doing everything" she turned to the boy.
"It's nothing" he shrugged "How could I be not kind to an angel like her?"
I felt my face heating up. We agreed yesterday on flirting. It's funny. But not in front of his whole family!
"True, true" Alma nodded.

Antonio ran up to us.
"What souls you know?" he asked with twinkling eyes.
"I can talk to anyone who's dead" I said. "Oh, and I met your abuelo yesterday"
"Really?!" he jumped.
"Yeah"
"Can you call him here?" he begged.
I looked at Alma, who was truly shocked. I understand. His husband died 50 years ago. And I can bring him back in some way. She smiled sweetly, and I nodded.
"I can"

I closed my eyes and muttered under my breath:
"Leila, could you get Pedro here once again?"
She always hears my call, no matter how quiet I am.
A minute later Pedro stood in front of me.
"Hi Senorita, why did you call?" he asked. I glanced through the room, counting the people fastly. Twelve, okay. Everyone's here.
"Pedro, this is your family" I whispered to the man. He looked at the big family in front of him, smiling and tearing up. His eyes landed on the old woman.
"Alma?" He asked.
"Yes, she's your wife" I told him.

"Thank you" he turned to me, and tried to hug me. I felt the cold air touch my skin, as he embraced me. A ghost's hug.
"It's nothing" I answered honestly, now knowing where did Camilo's hugging personality come from.

The rest was like yesterday, I translated for Pedro.
"Excuse me but I've never seen my family. Could you tell me who's who?" he asked.
"He asked if I could tell him who's who" I repeated his sentence. The others said okay, so I started.
"There's Julieta, her husband Agustin, and their children, Isabella, Luisa, and Mirabel" I explained, pointing at everyone while saying their names. "There is Bruno, he is a lonely wolf sort of thing. The other side: Pepa and Felix, and their children, Dolores, Antonio, and you met Camilo before"
While Pedro smiled sweetly, Isabella gasped.

"Camilo met abuelo before?! Primo, why didn't you tell us?"
"Does it matter anyway?" Camilo asked. There's the point. What matters is that they all could be seen by Pedro as a big happy family.

We showed Pedro everything, and it was a bit tiring to repeat everything he said, but it definitely worth it. We spent good time together, and when lunch came they were sad that I had to go.

BONUS SCENE

Camilo's pov:

As Y/n walked out of the Casita, mom sighed dreamily.
"I love this girl. Don't you want to marry her?
"Mamí" I whined. How can she ask something like that?
"Okay, it was just an idea" and she walked away with a rainbow above her head. I surely blushed.

(Whaaaa, I love it! Okay, it may sound egoist, but I just do. But now it really came to an end. A happy end.
Have a beautiful day/night lovelies!)