Why aren't you a couple?

(The one where you are not a couple. With secret feelings of course. And the kids are curious about you.)

Kids were sitting in a circle-like shape on the ground, with Y/n in the middle. A three years old little girl was sitting on her legs. She was basically babysitting a bunch of children, but she didn't mind at all. They were cute and they barely caused trouble.

"And what about unicorns? What do you know about them?" a boy asked. Weird for a boy to be curious about unicorns, but okay.
"They are like horses, but with a horn. Their hair is white, and their horseshoes are gold. Also their horn is gold as well. They do magic with it." she answered the question, while she caught the girl who was falling down from her legs.
"And what kind of magic?" a girl questioned.
"I don't know" she shrugged her shoulders. "I never met a unicorn"

The kids started whispering about the mysterious horse, as a boy approached the door.
"Y/n?" he called out. Y/n looked up at her name being called, and was met with Camilo's warm hazel eyes.
"Need help?" he asked, smiling.
"No, not really. I can handle them" Y/n answered. "They are cute" she added, ruffling a boy's hair.
"Okay, then" the Madrigal giggled. "Aren't you hungry?"
"Just a bit" she tilted her head.
"An arepa?"
"Sure"
"I'll bring you one" and with that, he left.

The children were busy with talking about the unicorn (it's important to know about them :D), when Camilo got back with an arepa in his hand. He just walked there and handed it to Y/n. After he finished his job, he didn't leave. He stood behind her smiling at the kids. He placed his hands on the girl's shoulders. Y/n smiled up at him.
"Thank you for this" she bit the food.
"Only for you, Mariposa" the boy grinned. Suddenly a little girl broke the moment.

"Are you two a couple?" she asked with curiosity.
"No!" they protested at the same time, their cheeks growing pink. Camilo even got his hands back into his pockets. They didn't look at each other, neither at the girl.
"Why not?" questioned a boy.
"Because..." Camilo started, but trailed off. Y/n looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. But then the boy suddenly smiled. "Yeah, why not?"
"I don't know" the girl shrugged her shoulders. 'Seriously, I have to make up excuses for not dating Camilo?' she thought.

"Do you wanna be together?" the little girl asked. She looked serious. What kind of question is this???
Camilo looked down at Y/n, who was staring at him with hope in her eyes.
"Do we want to?" he asked with a smirk.
"Maybe?" Y/n said hopefully.
"Then what if we try?" Camilo suggested, sitting down beside her. "I mean, what if I get you out to a date?"
"Hmm... Let me think" she smiled, before saying "I love the idea"

The kids clapped for the two, as Camilo smiled proudly. He's gonna have a date with Y/n. This made him the happiest person on earth.
Y/n reached for his hand, and intertwined their fingers. They exchanged a smile, before the girl's attention was stolen by the kids.

"Y/nnnn... Tell us about more mythical creatures please" they begged. She giggled, and then started to tell them more.
Camilo just sat there, and listened to the girl who he loved talking about dragons. He just enjoyed being at her side, with her hand in his, and her shoulder against his one.
He thought about how weird it was. The fact that literally the children got them together. They got the two a date. It was just unbelievable, but in the end, it was their unbelievably weird start of their relationship.