Party girl (modern school AU) [part 1/2]

(This one is "special". We got a modern school with Camilo being a popular boy in it. And a Y/n who doesn't care about him. Until a certain night...)

Y/n's pov:

We walked through the corridor to our next (and last) class. Every single student was talking about tonight. Let me explain. Our school always makes a "hello summer" party after the exams end. All of the students like it, the teachers too. It's a real party. Good music, drinks (just a little amount of alcohol), food, boys and girls, teachers living their teenage years again, all in a big sports hall.

We almost reached the door when I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw the famous Camilo Madrigal with some other boys. I never paid attention to them. The cool band... Pff...
"What?" I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.
"Answer me" he commanded. "Will you come with me tonight?" Oh yeah, I forgot to tell the most important thing. It's cringe to go to a party alone.

I hesitated. Why me? I looked at my bestie, and then back at him. I didn't know what to say. If I say yes, he will think I like him like all of the girls do. But I don't. If I say no, everyone will talk about what a jerk I am.
"Tell him yes. Everyone will be jealous" my bestie grinned at me. That's true. He has a boyfriend from that group. Now I get the leader. I smirked.

"Yeah, I will" I told him. He gave me a smile and a nod, and then turned back to the boys.

We finally reached the door and got inside, just as the bell rang. He soon followed, his smile never leaving his face.
The teacher appeared at the table (lol he didn't teleport) and placed a big amount of papers on it.
"Your tests" he started to read the notes. "Y/n, yours is the one with no mistakes"

I was relieved. Thank God. Suddenly someone shouted from behind me.
"Nerd!"
Three people glared at him at the same time. My bestie, his boyfriend, and Camilo. I was surprised. Since when does he care about me?

(Time skip brought to you by the Friday afternoon, and Y/n's excitement.)

To be honest, no-one invited me to a party yet. I always came alone, since my bestie got a boy and I didn't. I was the nerd, the quiet child, the loser. What kind of pretty boy wants a girl like that? But I never showed my true side. Tonight I swore my bestie that I will be a party animal. Easy.

Camilo texted me that he comes to my house at 6:45 PM. The school is only like ten minutes away from our house. I got ready, with a (f/c) dress, a beautiful makeup and a sexy hairstyle. If we are the cool boy's partner, do it great.
The doorbell rang and I ran to the door. There he was, in a white shirt, a yellow necktie, black pants and shoes. He looked like a true gentleman.
"Are you ready ma'am?" he asked.
"Yes" I answered, picking up my handbag.

We started our way to the school in an embarrassing silence.
"You look very hot" he said. I looked at him surprised, and he only smirked. "Does the nerd have a party side?" he questioned, and I let out a chuckle.
"You're gonna see" I promised.
Soon we reached the school, where the party was about to start. We got in, searched for some place to sit, and sat down beside my bestie. We started a conversation, while the two boys were talking too.

"Did you see Valencia's face?" she held back her laughter.
"I did. It's going to be way too good" I admitted.
"Tonight be the best, 'cuz everyone wants to be you. I mean every girl" she pat my shoulder.
"I got this" my smile reached my ears. I'm gonna enjoy this.

The party always starts with slow songs and normal ones. And then sometime around nine, it gets a lot more "drunk party" like. Only two or three teacher stays, they are young.
A slow, waltz-like music started, and some students were already on the dance floor. I was prepared for my bestie's bf to ask her for a dance, but not for the following scene.

"The first dance?" the two boy asked the same time, holding a hand out for us to take. We looked at eachother, and then nodded. Camilo took my hand, and led me among the people.

First I was shy, but he placed my hand on his shoulder, his one gently grabbing my waist. At that moment, as I looked in his eyes I saw something different. I felt something different.

(Wow. Two "chapters" a day, that's unique. But anyway, enjoy this. Sequel of this oneshot is coming soon. Love you all.)