Nightmare (!TW!)

([O.M.G. This book hit 10K reads?! Thank you so much lovelies!]
What I have to say? Camilo has a nightmare. That's all.
The only warning here is crying and mention of dying. I put (!TW!) in the title, bc it's a kinda sad one.)

Y/n's pov:

Today Camilo asked me if i want to stay and sleep with him. I said yes (who wouldn't?) so I laid in his bed, facing him while drifting off to sleep. I was sleeping peacefully beside him, until I woke up in the middle of the night.
I looked around, the only light was the full moon shining trough the windows. It's light made the whole room so mysterious.
I looked back at Camilo, who didn't seem to have a sweet dream. He turned and grimaced, sometimes even shook his head. In his sleep he spoke.
"No, no! I need you! No!" he whisper-shouted. "Y/n!"
I was worried. He must have had a nightmare. I wanted to wake him up to stop his suffering, but he woke up by himself.

His eyelids rapidly opened. He breathed fast, and I could hear his heartbeat. He was sweating too. His face was shocked, and I saw him tearing up. He turned to me, and when he saw me, he seemed relieved.
"Why- why are you awake?" he stuttered.
"I just woke up" I whispered, glancing at him still worried. "What's wrong?" I asked, but I knew what it was. I placed my hand on his cheek, and wiped away a tear from his face with my thumb.

"I just had a nightmare" he muttered, avoiding my gaze.
"Wanna talk about it?"
"Not really" he said, still not looking at me. A chilly breeze of wind came across the room, and blew his curls in his face. He didn't move, only tightened his grip on the blanket.
I moved closer to him, trying to embrace him. He didn't protest, so I hugged him tightly, resting my head beside his chest. I heard his heart still beating faster than usual, but it started to normalize. When I stopped moving, he wrapped his arms around my waist. We laid there in silence for a minute.

"It was the worst I ever got" he suddenly murmured.
"What?" I looked up at him, placing his hair behind his ear.
"The worst nightmare I ever had" he explained, gazing in my eyes with pain. "I... I thought..." he choked on his words, tearing up. "I thought I lost you"
"Oh, Camilo" I hugged him tighter, while a tear appeared in my eyes. "It was just a stupid nightmare"
"But it was so real..." he cried quietly. "We were in a desert. We ran, and someone chased after us. Soon we came to a large hole. It was wide, and so deep. We stopped and you almost fell in it"
I silently listened to him.

"Then the man who chased us came, and grabbed a smaller rock. He... He threw it on you" he sobbed, trying to tell me everything. "You stepped back, and... and you slipped. But before you could fall, you... you grabbed the rocks on the side of the hole" while he spoke, his eyes drifted off, like he was seeing the scene again.
"I ran there, and grabbed your hand. I... I tried to pull you up, but the man stepped to me, and pu... pulled me back. I fought for some seconds, but then... Then your hand slipped out of mine" he cried. "And you... and... and you fell"

There were some seconds of silence before I placed my hand on his chin, and forced him to face me. I leaned my forehead against his, and whispered.
"You know it will never happen, right?" I tried to calm him, a tear escaping my eyes.
"But what if I lose you somehow?"
"You won't" and with that, I kissed him softly. "I'm here with you, and I will be here forever if you want" I stated, rubbing his back.

He stopped crying, and his breaths became even. I smiled.
"Better now?" I asked.
"So much better. It scared me, but seeing you here always calms me down." he smiled back.
"Then go back to sleep" I suggested.
"Only if I can have you in my arms"
"You always can" I answered, and kissed him again. When we pulled apart, I snuggled up to him, and listened to his now normal heartbeats, drifting off to sleep again.