0.0

Once upon a time, I met a boy who would smoke more than he'd weigh. His fingers were careless as they curled around one of the cigarettes that I had never seen him without; yet somehow, I knew he could never part with them despite how he seemed not to care. His eyes were dark, they were deep but they were dead, leading to nothing at all. I'd watch him some days from the corner of my eyes, noticing how he would never look my way. His skin was tanned but sickly pale, it scared me how I could see his bones. But then one day, he did in fact look my way and I asked him what was wrong.

He paused for a moment, but then his pretty chapped lips curved into a smile that held no humour nor love. His hair was stringy, greasy as it fell into his eyes while the cigarette left his lips. "What's wrong with me?" He echoed before his bony shoulders shrugged. "Everything, or nothing at all maybe."

And he stopped with that. But then I swear that his eyes turned cold as he stared down at the embers of his burning cigarette. I swear I saw his lips part, and I swear I heard him utter the words: but then again, maybe I didn't see anything at all.

"I want to die, but I want to live. Can that be counted as wrong?"

-

A/N so, this is my new malum fic!

all chapters are told from michaels point of view.

the progloue (which is what this chapter was) is short, i know. but don't worry, the chapters will be longer though not by too much as this story is meant to have short chapters for a reason. anyways i hoped you liked this and keep on reading. i love you.

ps. this story will be pretty sad and talk a lot about senstive subjects like suicide, self harm and other trigging things so you have been warned.

- rachel x

UPDATE - 12/3/17
the work you are about to read - if you continue on - is unedited, unrevised and was written with a hazy mind. i apologise now for all future readers for any sense of lacklustre quality, however, i hope you still enjoy this piece as - despite my current qualms with it - there have been people who have loved this fic with all of their hearts and their kind words will forever be remembered.